enalgine stumble

sixftseven

SIXFTSEVEN
When I'm sitting idling and rev about 3000rpm the engine cuts completely out. I can floor the throttle and it cuts completely out to the point of almost cutting off. I've changed plugs, wire, ignition module and coil with no change. Below 2900rpms everything is fine. Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance..

When I'm sitting idling and rev about 3000rpm the engine cuts completely out. I can floor the throttle and it cuts completely out to the point of almost cutting off. I've changed plugs, wire, ignition module and coil with no change. Below 2900rpms everything is fine. Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance..

Did you put in a genuine Delco Ignition module? If you got a knockoff one from Advanced Auto or Autozone, wouldn't trust it. A bad IM can cause problems at higher RPMs but act fine at low. I just went through three IM's today. The 2nd one had the same problem as you are experiencing.

Secondly, do you have a scanmaster? What's the O2s during this revving?

The did replace the originally one with a Advance IM just to see if it would make a difference but it acted exactly the same way. I can floor the throttle and it just sputters until I let off it. Can you call me at 678.758.8794 ROBERT

I wouldn't post your phone # on public internet forum...You'll start getting cranks, plus anyone can google it now.

I'm new to Turbo Buicks myself, so I'm probably not the one to call. I just know enough to be dangerous. I'm sure you'll get lots more responses, just hang tight. In the meantime, search the forum and read, read up on Turbo Regal Web Site (the technical articles)....Use Google's advanced search (under the Specific site, www.turbobuick.com), and search for terms like 'stumbles at high RPMs'

edit your post to remove the number, if someone offers to call you send them a private message by clicking on their name. i however cannot call you because i am an ammateur at best haha. im better iwth my computer than i am with my car but i do my best.