empting fuel tank via the fuel rail?

V8KILLR

2speed 1day fast & faster
Anyone rig up a quick release for empting fuel tank of street fuel via the fuel rail? I was thinking that it would be pretty easy to do. If any one has done this, please let me know what fittings and valve you used. If you have part numbers that be GREAT!!!!

Thanks,
Jason

kirban and others sell little T fitting type things that you screw into the end of the fuel rail. I think one side is missing the little valve and just has a cap... anyway check out what they have, and it should be pretty easy to just get a hose and a fitting from a hardware store. hell I think kirban may have even had fuel tank drain kits.

I used the Kirban fitting. I bought it from Casper's/John Spina. I then went to an airconditioning shop and purchased a screw-on fitting that fits it perfectly for the drain connection (you'll just have to take your Kirban fitting with you and match it up, around $6, -4AN I think). Then I used a long piece of clear hose and a clamp to complete it. Note that you will still have to remove the schraeder valve from the Kirban fitting and let the little bit of fuel spew into a rag when removed. I couldn't find a fitting that would press the schraeder valve as it engaged onto the fitting. If someone knows of one, I'd be interested in hearing about it.

YEah,,,,my gauge is on the end of a hose ,,,I shut the car off,remove gauge and insert the hose in a tank ,,I have even used it to fill my lawn mower (Im lazy);) ;)

Hey guys,
Thanks for the help so far, keep it coming!!! I'm thinking in my mind for some thing like an air compressor fitting. Some thing that you just snap on and it opens the valve and when removed it closes the valve. I'm not trying to be screwing in and out all the time.

Thanks again,
Jason