Emission Laws in Atlanta area

trbochV6

Gotta Luv It!!!!
I am planning on moving to Douglas County near Atlanta and was wondering what are the emission laws there.

Looks like I will be registering my buick in Florida then. By the way, what octane gas do that have in atlanta. Here in Hell Paso 91 is the highest
Thanks everyone

Originally posted by trbochV6
I am planning on moving to Douglas County near Atlanta and was wondering what are the emission laws there.

Testing system based on a California type emissions test. Steady state, steady load applied to dyno. It shouldn't be a problem, as long as the tune in correct.

Looks like I will be registering my buick in Florida then. By the way, what octane gas do that have in atlanta. Here in Hell Paso 91 is the highest
Thanks everyone

We sell it as 93 Octane. Unless they rerate it for some reason, it should be 93. I'm sure one of the Atlanta guys can verify this. It is extremely low vapor pressure (read: low butane content).

I am not sure if the reblend has taken place yet for the immediate Atlanta market, but I know it is in the works. As for octane rating, they are supposedly staying the same, 87, 89 and 93.

I usually have some driveablity issues with my car, I don't drive it enough and I haven't had to take it through more then twice. Almost every year when it is time to emission the car, it hasn't been driven in a few months and has some bugs to be worked out and barely fails. As long as the operator is willing to keep the trans the gear lower then it would usually shift to in OD, then it passes no problem, staying under the maw rpm.

If you have some issues with getting it to pass, I will give you my number and can get you in touch with someone that will surely get it to pass.

Ron

Sinister,
I just read that you are from the Miss Gulf, so I guess you have first hand knowledge that the blend is already taking place.

The testing criteria hasn't begun to be more restrictive yet...

As for testing, it is at the Counties discretion to test or not test and how much of a test. I will do some research and let you know what counties don't even test.

Ron

Originally posted by camino70
As long as the operator is willing to keep the trans the gear lower then it would usually shift to in OD, then it passes no problem, staying under the maw rpm.

Ron

I used to work for the company that put the Atlanta program together. I would be surprised if the test for the Atlanta area requires the test in OD. Normally the test specifies the test to be performed in Drive (not OD) for automatics and 2nd gear for manuals. As long as a specific RPM range can be maintained in the selected gear, the test is suppose to be run in drive. There is probably a manual that describes the test procedure for your state. IMHO, I would try to obtain a copy of the test procedures manual, so you'll know how the vehicle is supposed to be tested.

Contact Dana for testing and tuning for emissions in Atlanta ;)
danawyatt2000@yahoo.com

He can help you out with any problems..... Our club meeting is every 3rd Saturday of each month, next meeting is Sept. 18th , 11am at the "Halftime Cafe" on Windy Hill rd off I-75 in marietta.

:)