Electronic gadget questions?

00ws6ta

Just purchased a modified 87 GN and have some questions as to how some gadgets work since my previous GN was stock. The guy I bought the car from did not really know how these things worked either the mods were done by the 2nd owner. A brief synopsis would be great on the following:

1)Scanmaster on dashboard (Do I have to change settings or is it already set and it's just to monitor the numbers. Also what exactly does it monitor)

2)It has a thumb wheel dial along with four red toggle switches in the ashtry.

3)Knock detector on the A-pillar. (It has three sets of colored lights)

4)Air/fuel lean gauge in center console.

5)Car is currently running on Turbo Blue gas is it ok to run that type of fuel even if you don't plan on racing. I believe one of the switches has to do with running this type of fuel.

Sorry for my lack of knowledge but your input would be great.

Just purchased a modified 87 GN and have some questions as to how some gadgets work since my previous GN was stock. The guy I bought the car from did not really know how these things worked either the mods were done by the 2nd owner. A brief synopsis would be great on the following:

1)Scanmaster on dashboard (Do I have to change settings or is it already set and it's just to monitor the numbers. Also what exactly does it monitor)

2)It has a thumb wheel dial along with four red toggle switches in the ashtry.

3)Knock detector on the A-pillar. (It has three sets of colored lights)

4)Air/fuel lean gauge in center console.

5)Car is currently running on Turbo Blue gas is it ok to run that type of fuel even if you don't plan on racing. I believe one of the switches has to do with running this type of fuel.

Sorry for my lack of knowledge but your input would be great.

SM has O2 on main screen as well as knock retard on right side
it will vary going down the road however at WOT it should be from 750 to 800 up.

theres other things like RPM, MPH, Coolent, your IAC setting at idle which should be from 15 to 30 or so
TPS should be set to .42 at idle, 40 is ok to 44. INT and BLM short and long term fuel adjustments

Theres link somewhere to point out everything.

As far as the thumbwheel, its prolly Steve Yaklins? differnt chip settings

The knock gauge will go to red when your blowing up your motor:biggrin:

the 4 toggle switches could be anything and with that I'D call the previous owner up and ask.

Welcome

Take a pic of the ashtray. The usual suspects are fans and torque converter lock but they could a many things. If that turbo blue gas is unleaded your ok but if it's leaded you will kill the stock O2 sensor and if you car has an aftermarket wide band O2 it will kill that too.

One cautious word of advise- don't floor the car WOT until you have read on all of those and have a good understanding. The car's present state of tune would need to be verified by someone who knows them well. Just trying to save you some $ and time here and speaking from experience. Good luck and welcome! :)

Read and search. Read and search:D All the info can be found on the links mentioned and also on this site and Turbo Regal Web Site No hammering on it until you know what you are doing. Lots of $$$$ to fix these things when you grenade them. AND, welcome to the board.