electric fan

XcessiveBoost

SpeedFreak
i was thinking about putting an electric fan on my 84. some cars dont like them too much. how do these cars do?

I just put an electric fan on my 85. It is really very easy. If you are serious send me a PM. Good luck. Brad

i did the whole f-body aluminum radiator and ramchargers dual-fan swap at the same time. I dont know how much of the improvement in cooling came from the rad and how much from the fan, but its like night and day difference. Before I was always running above 200, more in the florida summer with the AC going. Now, no matter the outisde temps, and with AC blastin, it never gets much above 160. Wiring in the fans isnt toooo tricky, and you can wire up the ECM to controlt he fans, if you convert to the later 86/87 style ECM.

Corey is 100% correct. I have really cooled down with only the 87 GN electric fan and the F-body radiator. Brad

FlaBoy said:
i did the whole f-body aluminum radiator and ramchargers dual-fan swap at the same time. I dont know how much of the improvement in cooling came from the rad and how much from the fan, but its like night and day difference. Before I was always running above 200, more in the florida summer with the AC going. Now, no matter the outisde temps, and with AC blastin, it never gets much above 160. Wiring in the fans isnt toooo tricky, and you can wire up the ECM to controlt he fans, if you convert to the later 86/87 style ECM.

I did the f-bod radiator first and then the dual fans. The radiator made the biggest difference but the dual fans were also a pretty good difference over the 87 fan. Even if I drive mine hard it never gets above 180 in the middle of summer and it actually cools back down to 160 after a minute or two if I drive it easy. I don't think there's a better bang for the buck than the dual fans and f-bod radiator.