Electric Fan Wiring

paintitblack

I have a hot air and i'm putting in a electric fan (lincoln mark 8). I have already changed out the ecm to a 87 and would like to have it run off of it, and also have a bypass switch to turn it on/off as i wish. The engine/tranny is out of the car and i also gutted all the a/c and heater for a delete plate. I also already have the fan mounted in the car. Does anyone know what the three wires on the fan go to? It should be power, ground , and signal, but i don't want to go testing wires and damage the motor.I have seen these fans in our cars but not sure how to wire them exactly. I know i will need relays but do i need 1 or 2?, and how should they be wired? Will it be too much of a pain to have it wired up manually as a secondary? Any help will be great, BRIAN

If you can get some close up pics. of the wiring and connectors if any that would be nice.

Usually solid black is ground.

The other two usually colored or black with colors should be low and high speed.

For low and high speed you would need 2 relays, probably 40A rating as those fans have a big inrush current from Ford.

On the Sable fan they had inline circuit breakers for the wiring I used also.

ECM would run low speed only, switch in the intake usually would run the high speed plus the A/C stuff which is deleted on your car also ran the fans.

The fan has a three prong connector. There is a black wire, a blue wire which looks to be a smaller guage, and a wire that is brown with a orange stripe.