Electric fan question, looking for oppinions

turbows6

I have a TTA I just got my new engine running recently and I am using a flex-a-lite part # 30332 adjustable fan controller (Basically a temperature activated adjustable relay with AC and manual switch provisions built in) wired up to the to the stock fan harness and fans. Everything works great, but I am concerned with the voltage drop that happens momentarily when both the fans kick on at the same time. I have a heavy gauge wire feeding the controller and it's grounded to the body and to the negative battery terminal with heavy gauge wires. I decided to temporarily disconnect one of the fans because even one fan easily keeps the engine cool and kicking on just one fan doesn't show any noticeable voltage drop whatsoever. One solution I have considered is that I seem to remember someone on the board here using a delayed relay. If I had something like that I could have 1 kick on and then the other a few seconds later, so it wouldn't put such a sudden load on the charging system. Anyone know if and where I could get something like that?

Give Casper's Electronic a Call(forum vendor)......John will fix you up.
Relay Delay Module(109086), but it will work best with a relay(wire # 86 or 85---not sure???) and not off the motor itself.

The Caspers Relay delay page is describing exactly what my symptoms are. The engine has a noticeable stumble when both fans kick in at once. I have dealt with Caspers on a few occasions even back to when I had a supercharged 4.3 s-10 several years ago. Their products have always seemed to have excellent quality and they have always been friendly and helpful to me. Thanks for the suggestion. :smile: