Electric cutout set ups

Rockale

I would like to see pictures of a regal with electric cutouts. I wasn't able to put mines on because of Cleareance reasons.

If you have clearance issues take the car to a muffler shop and have them clock your flange on your exhaust. Are you running a dual or single shot? What down pipe do you have?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If you have clearance issues take the car to a muffler shop and have them clock your flange on your exhaust. Are you running a dual or single shot? What down pipe do you have?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Idk what downpipe I have, but I have duel exhaust. The EC wouldn't fit on the left or right side when I flipped the dump. I'll probably buy a test pipe and weld the cutout flang on the side of it to make it fit.

Idk what downpipe I have, but I have duel exhaust. The EC wouldn't fit on the left or right side when I flipped the dump. I'll probably buy a test pipe and weld the cutout flang on the side of it to make it fit.
I have a test pipe with manual cutout and it fits perfect

Same here, I have and electric QTP brand 3" cutout and it is where the cat would be. I don't use a cat for my application, unless I plan on driving on the street of course.:whistle:

Look at new posts. Someone just sold one five minutes ago mine looks just like that. Except I cut and welded mine in myself.

This is the best pic I could get for now. It's the QTP cutout. It took a little enlarging of the mounting holes to clock it so it would clear the frame but it fits.

Attachments

• 1424196318841.jpg
    1424196318841.jpg
    63 KB · Views: 294
someone had a custom made boost activate cut out. It would be great if it was marketed.

D

I want to do that but I was afraid of the motor hitting the frame as the engine torques. Mine has a ratchet strap on it but it still moves. I probably need to eventually do HR mounts and or rjc brace

These are great in theory but they all leak. I had two different ones on mine. Had to drill out the holes and click it a little. I got way tired of the leaking exhaust sound so i got rid of it and have the manual cap on there now. Yes I have to get under the car to open it but its way better than the leaking sound.

This is the best pic I could get for now. It's the QTP cutout. It took a little enlarging of the mounting holes to clock it so it would clear the frame but it fits.

I have the exact same set up on my car.

I have HR motor mounts, havent noticed any obvious signs of it hitting the frame. As for the leaking exhaust sound... I have my dump open 98% of the time so that's a non-issue for me :)

As for the leaking exhaust sound... I have my dump open 98% of the time so that's a non-issue for me :)
I closed mine for long highway drives and for coming into my neighborhood at night. I'd close the valve all the way, it'd open slightly, I'd tap the button several times and it would be almost shut but man, that noise pissed me off.

If anyone knows of one that doesn't leak let me know. I've researched all of them and they all seem to have issues.

Anyone want a good business idea? Make one with something like an electric latch that locks it closed. Or a strong magnet. Just make one that works properly.

What if we used a pickapart trottle body that was the same diameter?

The tight spring action should keep it closed.

Fabricate a plate, hook up a boost switch and it should work.

D

Mine is as quiet as stock when I close it. No issues with it except once in a while I have to press the rocker a couple of times to close it. I believe I have a QTP.
It is one of the coolest things I have done to the car.