Electric cooling fan comes on an off after short ride

Oakmtnbody

1987 14 k mile GN replaced timing chain and gear just for preventative maintenance , oil pan gasket, recorded radiator , new delco water pump, 160 thermostat, new cooling. New hoses, and I mean all. Drive the the cR 5 miles, stop and the electric cooling fan fan runs, cuts off and kicks back on and run about
5-10 minutes later. My 86 T does not do it. Have some new relay and delays coming . Any sugestiions, car is not hot. Everything new.

Unplug the large relay on the DS fender with two plugs going to it. Then take the relay to the back of your back yard and throw it as far as you can....

....then walk out there, pick it up and throw it again.

Unplug the large relay on the DS fender with two plugs going to it. Then take the relay to the back of your back yard and throw it as far as you can....

....then walk out there, pick it up and throw it again.
Earl is that the delay relay and are you serious that I don't need it or need to replace it.Thanks

Mine was doing the same thing. I spent $80 and got the "improved delay relay" and it made the problem worse. I took the delay relay out and chunked it. Everything works fine now and I don't have to worry about the delay turning the fans on in the middle of the night for no reason. I don't miss it at all.

By the paperwork that came with my 87 T the previous owner has spent big bucks trying to fix a rough idle. I removed the delay relay and the idle has improved greatly. I was wondering if I should replace it but thanks to you guys now I know the answer! Thanks

I will try not to hijack but my car idols fine what is strange is it idols when I go from reverse to drive or vise versa. Maybe the delay relay?