EGR solenoid vacuum hose routing

jns

Hi. I searched but couldn't find a diagram of where the vacuum hoses go between the solenoid and EGR valve. Coming off the top solenoid tap/barb is one hose that tees off into two hoses and forms a y-shape(One hose has a check valve on it and there is a second hose coming off a vacuum tee which isn't connected to anything).

The hose coming off the bottom tap from the solenoid is a short hose with nothing connected to the end. So essentially, there are two hoses coming from one solenoid tap and one hose coming from the other solenoid tap for a total of three hoses that need to connect to something. Which goes to the vacuum block and which goes to the EGR valve? How do the two hoses coming off one of the solenoid taps connect into another hose? Thanks!:)

The smaller hose on the EGR solenoid valve goesto the EGR (see first picture, it is not connected by you'll see where it goes), the bigger one comes from the check valved vacuum line, which is tee'd and goes to the tee back near the firewall (see second pic, it's behind the plug wires but you get the picture, no pun intended).

Let me know if you need more pics, and by the way: do you know how to test an EGR solenoid?

Attachments

• 101_1598.jpg
    101_1598.jpg
    88.4 KB · Views: 1,872
  • 101_1600.jpg
    101_1600.jpg
    72.5 KB · Views: 1,366
Thanks! No, don't know how to test the solenoid but know how to check the EGR itself.

Just know how to test if it's defective by lifting up on the diaphragm and then putting a finger over the vacuum port to see if the diaphragm moves down, indicating that it's torn and won't hold a vacuum. I'm still game on the EGR solenoid testing method.;):)