Effect of lower control arm relocation brackets on handling?

When you start playing around with IC placement, it's amazing how much just a tenth of an inch change in height location can make. The recent IC changes I've been making lately are calling me to make changes in the mounting hole locations down to the hundredth of an inch to get the IC dialed to just the right spot I'm attempting to target.

Don,

Once you start zeroing in on ideal rear IC and CG, the front suspension settings really affect how the car reacts. Shock settings and travel limits make all the difference between fast 60' times and BIG Wheelies.

Ok, now my head hurts lol. I'm starting to wonder how far down this path I really want to go on a car that will spend almost all of it's time on the street. I didn't know the changes were that sensitive.

Don,

Once you start zeroing in on ideal rear IC and CG, the front suspension settings really affect how the car reacts. Shock settings and travel limits make all the difference between fast 60' times and BIG Wheelies.
That is exactly what I've been coming to understand as I play around with things. You put it very well.

Ok, now my head hurts lol. I'm starting to wonder how far down this path I really want to go on a car that will spend almost all of it's time on the street. I didn't know the changes were that sensitive.

You have to remember that the rear is triangulated Mike, the the top or end of the triangle is not there. You have to start from the mounting points at the axle, find the mounting points on the chasis, and draw a line through these points to find where they meet. This means that they're quite long and further in front than you think. A 1/4" location change can move it as much as a foot is some cases.:)

I like everything about their UCA and relocation kit...except for the price LOL. I see they sell just the buckets, but say that they will not work with any other arms. Why sell them likethat then?? Maybe I'll just make my own buckets out of 3/16" steel, figure out where I want the arms, set the pinion angle and control arm relocation point where I want it, and drill a hole to mount.

Last edited:
does anyone know if his buckets will work with H&R upper control arms ? thank you
Did you even read the post you quoted?
I like everything about their UCA and relocation kit...except for the price LOL. I see they sell just the buckets, but say that they will not work with any other arms. Why sell them likethat then?? Maybe I'll just make my own buckets out of 3/16" steel, figure out where I want the arms, set the pinion angle and control arm relocation point where I want it, and drill a hole to mount.