ecm in 86 century is same as GN

turbojack

I know that the ecm in a 86 buick century in the same as a 86/87 gn,except for the two chips,so when I was at the yard today I spotted a 86 century limited,I took out the glove box to expose the ecm and it wasnt there.I`ve remove two ecm`s from 86 centurys before,and they were all beind the glove box,this one wasnt.Did they put em in different locations or what gives.I looked at the date of manufacture on the driv door and it said 11/85,that makes it a 86 model year.Sure would like to get that ecm as I need one for this project I`m doing and these 86 centurys are getting harder to find-----Jack

I know that the ecm in a 86 buick century in the same as a 86/87 gn,except for the two chips,so when I was at the yard today I spotted a 86 century limited,I took out the glove box to expose the ecm and it wasnt there.I`ve remove two ecm`s from 86 centurys before,and they were all beind the glove box,this one wasnt.Did they put em in different locations or what gives.I looked at the date of manufacture on the driv door and it said 11/85,that makes it a 86 model year.Sure would like to get that ecm as I need one for this project I`m doing and these 86 centurys are getting harder to find-----Jack

Of course, that 86 Century has to have the 3.8 engine. I'm sure you're aware that that ECM can be found on 86 full size Buick and Olds front drives with the 3.8. They're more plentiful but rare these days. Sounds like someone already got the ECM from the century. All ECMs are located behind the glovey on the Centuries.