ECM help

CrashMaster

I have tried to search this site, but I come up empty.
OK, my ECM died and left me stranded and had to get towed home. This was after I had put a new ground wire directly from the negative battery pole to the body. I screwed it into the body with another ground wire from the wiring harness. When I turned the car on, the fan came on and the scanmaster wasn't receiving any information from the ECM. I thought that the connections on the scanmaster came loose and that the fan solenoid had gone bad. No big deal, I just wanted to drive it around which didn't last long.
When I put the spare ECM in, everything ran good for a day, the fan only came on when tripped by the ECM and the scanmaster received data from the ECM. The next day, when I turned the key, the fan came on and the scanmaster wasn't receiving any data from the ECM.

Now, I have removed the ground wire that I installed, but I don't want to install another ECM until I know what is wrong. The car is an 84 TType converted to the 86/87 engine. The ECM is dry, the car sits in my garage, I have a new Caspers wiring harness installed. I am still using the same fuse box though.

I really need some help here as I am only a shade tree mechanic, not a pro. I'm a geek. Please help.

check your ecm fuses over in the fuse box, theres like 2 or 3 fuses that are red in the fuse panel i think they are the ecm fuses.(for an 87, i dont know about an 85) (over by the driver side).
you can go to gnttype.org under resources and get the ecm pinouts if needed. and the fusebox layout. Are you SURE it was a ground wire from the wiring harness and not something else that you grounded?

other than that i dont know... you can swap your bad ecm for a reman. at autozone. maybe napa too. hth