EBL SFI-6

QwikStop

Wfo Racing Team Rep.
Seeing as how i no longer require a MAF sensor when using this system does it use the MAP and IAT for incoming info in order to adjust for air and fuel?

Yes. The car that was used for the included calibration has the IAT in the plenum. Like your car it too has a large front mount.

RemoveBeforeFlight

Yes. The car that was used for the included calibration has the IAT in the plenum. Like your car it too has a large front mount.

RemoveBeforeFlight
That might be an issue for me seeing as how on my initial start up i didnt have the IAT installed anywhere at that time, wheres the best location for the IAT?...Im not as swift with this system as some of you but i will make it work for me eventually..i wanna say thanks again for helping me with the questions i have---there will be more :)

I placed it in the plenum as there is alcohol injection on the car (not yet in full use). This way the IAT reports the incoming air temperature. Without alcohol injection the IAT can be placed anywhere post intercooler.

RemoveBeforeFlight

ok..i got it running but it aint good...code 34 MAP lo, im using a 3 bar sensor and belive its working as it should, whats that code mean? My car runs like its struggling and dies if i let off the pedal...any advice

Are you sure the map is connected correctly. Sounds like you don't have a map signal.

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

Ok, getting somewhere now, relocated the IAT to the intake, ran a wire from F15 to the B terminal on the map sensor...Runs pretty good now and no codes. Im still not real sure about the VE learn, does it allow the ECM to self learn based on driving habits?

Ok, getting somewhere now, relocated the IAT to the intake, ran a wire from F15 to the B terminal on the map sensor...Runs pretty good now and no codes. Im still not real sure about the VE learn, does it allow the ECM to self learn based on driving habits?

Good to hear, note that when checking the sensor inputs to the EBL ECM, use the WUD's diagnostic display for this. That screen shows the raw sensor values, not the default values. Default values are used by the ECM when it thinks that a sensor is bad, these default values are what you see on the main WUD screen, as they are the ones that the ECM is using.

The VE Learn is used to populate the VE table (volumetric efficiency). This is the main fueling table that is used for the injector PW calculation.

The VE Learn takes place in the WUD, creating a new calibration file (BIN) from the corrections. It isn't really based on driving habits, but is based on what VE value generates the proper AFR in the exhaust. Just need to drive around with the learn active, holding the go-pedal steady so that there is time to learn in a correction (if required).

After driving around some the VE Learn display can be checked for corrections. If it looks good the new BIN should be Flashed into the ECM. As long as the engine runs better with each learn, continue to do learns until the corrections are minimal. There is additional information on doing VE Learns in the WUD Help document, along with the Intro to Tuning Part 1 on our web site.

Note that the VE Learn will not learn while in boost. This is due to the fact that the 100 KPa column of the VE table is used during boost, with further fuel trimming coming from the "BST - RPM/MAP PW Multiplier % (3-Bar)" table.

RemoveBeforeFlight

My fans not coming on...Is there a setting for this

Yes, this table:

FANs - Upper/Lower CTS

In a stock set up only fan 1 (low speed) is ECM controlled. Can add a wire to place fan 2 (high speed) also under ECM control.

RemoveBeforeFlight

20150219_174058.jpg
Im not able to change my fan settings, what am i doing wrong?

I took the car out to start the VE learn process and was unable to save the Bin, message said Could not save Bin...any help with this? Ive been reading the Intro to tuning 1&2 and some of it just doesnt jive with what im doing or i just dont see it....however, my car did run really smooth which help me to believe i made a good choice in switching to the EBL system.....im really afraid to get on it because i dont want any knock or to hurt my engine, should i just go for it and keep an eye on things?

Looks like the O/S (Windows) has things locked up, IOW, the security level is too high not allowing programs to create files.

Do this to both the WUD and Tuner Pro: right click on the Desktop shortcut, then select the Properties dialog. In that dialog, Windows version dependent, may be a line that states close to "Run Program as Administrator." If so click that line to check mark the box next to it. Click OK and do the same for the other Shortcut (WUD or TP).

If no line to run as admin, click the Compatibility tab. Look at the entries there for one that states to Run as an Administrator. When found click to check mark it.

Now try Tuner Pro again to see that it can create the log file. Same for the WUD, can start a VE Learn then just stop it (no need to connect to EBL SFI-6 ECM). See if the WUD can now create the new BIN file from the VE Learn.

RemoveBeforeFlight

i have a AEM Eugo AFR setup and once i get it ran to the ADL connector inside the EBL will i be able to do VE learns utilizing the WB system?

Just curious, is there a way to allow remote tuning? Or build a file thats emailed and then flashed to my ECM?

Looks like the O/S (Windows) has things locked up, IOW, the security level is too high not allowing programs to create files.

Do this to both the WUD and Tuner Pro: right click on the Desktop shortcut, then select the Properties dialog. In that dialog, Windows version dependent, may be a line that states close to "Run Program as Administrator." If so click that line to check mark the box next to it. Click OK and do the same for the other Shortcut (WUD or TP).

If no line to run as admin, click the Compatibility tab. Look at the entries there for one that states to Run as an Administrator. When found click to check mark it.

Now try Tuner Pro again to see that it can create the log file. Same for the WUD, can start a VE Learn then just stop it (no need to connect to EBL SFI-6 ECM). See if the WUD can now create the new BIN file from the VE Learn.

RemoveBeforeFlight

View attachment 247703 Im not able to change my fan settings, what am i doing wrong?
I set things to run as Admin but im still getting this message when i try to change the coolant fan on/off temps..However im able to do VE learns now and flash them into the ECM succesfully which is really nice and is working out great but i dont like seeing my temps too high.

Or build a file thats emailed and then flashed to my ECM?

Yes, the file will need to be saved using the correct XDF, then when you open your email, download the file and put it in any folder you want, then pull it using the Flash screen in the WUD. I do this for other members who need some help with their small block chevy's, I will make a few changes, save it under a specific title, then email it to them. They would just flash it in at that point. Ask to send Joe (34 Blazer) a copy of your bin file, allow him to edit the fan settings to whetever you want, then have it emailed right back to you and flash it in. Be sure to tell the WUD the temperatures you want the VE learns to take place in, if you program your fan settings to go on at 190*, and off at 170*, then that will be your targeted VE learn range, no higher no lower...