Ebay Turbo's?

GangsterMD

Turbo'd since '95
So the turbo seal(s) are shot on my 80 and I was planning on pulling the turbo and having it rebuilt - or something... But then I saw some new turbo's on ebay for around $150. Does anybody have any advise about them? And if so what would work good with a stock 4bbl setup?
Thanks
DS

Ok that's great information - thanks. Are there any tips or special tools required to rebuild these turbos?

So the turbo seal(s) are shot on my 80 and I was planning on pulling the turbo and having it rebuilt - or something... But then I saw some new turbo's on ebay for around $150. Does anybody have any advise about them? And if so what would work good with a stock 4bbl setup?
Thanks
DS

honestly, every ebay turbo that ive seen either leaked oil or seized up days after installation.....ebay is not where i would buy turbos from

honestly, every ebay turbo that ive seen either leaked oil or seized up days after installation.....ebay is not where i would buy turbos from

The scary part is that one of the car mags is doing a evilbay turbo parts build up this month.:confused::confused:

125$

for a good used one shipped. no rebuild needed. just pull out of box, oil and go.

A.j.

Glad to see you on bud, now where the hell have you been hiding?:biggrin:

happy

you do have reason to be happy you live in NM and not in alabama nothing wrong with alabama but they got really mean "dust devils" tornado's
just a thought:eek:

HOT ROD has a build up with the an ebay 76mm turbo on a GM 5.3, a 2V PI 4.6 and a 5.7 Hemi, each high mileage out of a junkyard. Each had great initial results, but they did clarify that they are unsure of the durability of the cheap turbos. They did reuse the same turbo for each of the buildups and tests though. They also did a comparison with a precision turbo 76mm and as expected the precision unit was much more efficient. They've also been putting out articles of where the modern drivetrains tend to fail. Decent articles and good bathroom reads. Definitely show the potential of turbocharging in general.

Used Turbo

Ok A.J. $125 shipped sounds good. I'll take it on 2 condiions :cool:
1) You guarantee it's good
2) These guys vouch for you ;) What do you say guys?
Thanks
Darren

sorry for the delay.

yea I can warrenty the turbo. if it sh its you got another free. gaurnteed.

(say it with accent... gaurnteed. LMAO)

I sent you an email as well... easier to contact me by.

BUT

no im not back, maybe lurking.... but mostly just unloading all of the stock buick stuff, Im following Brians Plan now.... to shut up, sit down, and go fast.

A.j.