Ebay has really gone to hell

Joe 1320

Torqueus Maximus
Used to be you could search "Buick Grand National" and you could find some decent parts here and there. Now these butthead generic venders flood your search with 15,000 door handles, ball joints, wiper blades and other associated crap that makes it such a PITA to even search. It's gone to hell! :mad:

Used to be you could search "Buick Grand National" and you could find some decent parts here and there. Now these butthead generic venders flood your search with 15,000 door handles, ball joints, wiper blades and other associated crap that makes it such a PITA to even search. It's gone to hell! :mad:

Glad you posted I was just thinking the same dang thing:mad:

Yeah it really sucks . I remember when there were 500 things for for a gn . Now forget it. The thing that sucks is there are parts that dont have Grand National in the description or the title but there listed under gn stuff:mad:

You need to try T type and see the crap that comes up. I visit from time to time but it just aint worth it any more.

It seems like it gets worse every day.... Helps to click on sellers on the left navi bar and exclude
Some of the big sellers like 1a automotive and such u can get it back down to around
5000 items just by excluding the 4 major wholesalers
Still very annoying though.

I have discovered that you can refine the search and look under "vintage car and truck parts". It eliminates most of the non relevant vender crap, but you also miss out on some of the other parts.

As a seller it sucks also.Your buyers have to search through so much stuff.It is a new part cross number thing they have.If you list a new part it will list in every catagory automaticly.It might help to seach used parts.Im going to put in my listings in the future to seach used parts for an easier search

I agree completely... Why don't they put one ad and post 10 or 20 available??

Also sucks as a seller you can no longer leave neg. f/b but the buyer can leave it for you.

Besides the boards are there not any other good auction sites? Since Ebay drastically reduced listing rates the amount of irrelevant garbage has increased. It's not only the GN stuff but other car parts as well.

i've said this before in another thread..search "auction styles" only. It's on the left hand side of the browser.

The best is Grand National search and find 4000 Chrome door handles/bezels etc.. Wtf..:confused::rolleyes:

Even with some filters in place you can miss important items. I think the problem is there is no charge for listing at this time. People place too many junk ads. Lower the final fee and charge a listing fee like before. If the item does not sell, relist for free. There's has to be an alternate site that is better. I've yet to find one even close.