Easy question im having a brain fart cant figure it out..

87chrisss

BLUBYU
ok so... i was cleaning my engine compartment yesterday and on passenger side next to the esc module i saw a what seems like a map sensor connection 3wire connection just disconnected basically hiding between the esc module and the fp relay like it was tucked away.. so i asked my buddy to come over so i can look at his.. i thought it unplugged from somewhere on hard bump or something?? maybe by cleaning the engine?? no code no problems car runs perfect..well he comes over i saw the same plug connected to a map sensor... ive gone into the gnt.org and made sure per the sensor location i have everything ac relay esc module and fuel pump relay at that location wtf is that extra plug doing there?? i also havent been able to pass the 14-16 lbs without seeing some very light knock i think im missing a map sensor.. can someone fill in the blanks for me??

Its prolly for your fan relay when the car is not on... Alot of the relays go bad and turn your fan on when the car is stone cold and kill the batt. You can replace your relay for like 180.00 of there abouts... or hide the wire....

My wire are hidden....lol

he said passenger side not driver side

its for the map sensor and its not used on the digital dash cars because you dont have the analog dash led indash boost/tach gauge
analog dash cars use a map sensor for the led boost gauge , digital dash cars use a hobbs switch for the indash boost lamp

gm made the harness for the engine one way so it works with the digital or the analog dash , so both the analog cars and the digital dash cars have the plug for the hobbs switch for the digital dash boost light and the maps sensor

what gm did was use a different dash harness for the different gauge setups ,
depending on which dash you have the other plug is dead because the dash harness doesnt connect to the leads so you couldnt just plug a map sensor in because that map sensor plug doesnt have power or ground on digital dash cars, the analog clusters tach/boost module is what supplies the power and ground for the map sensor plug

on the passenger side? are you sure... driver side is where my fan controls are..... not passenger side? this plug is next to the esc module? im missing something somewhere or gn ttype is wrong with sensor location info... i have a a vacuum connection that comes from the intake with a plug on the other side of it not sure if thats the stock map sensor or wtf but something is off somewhere??

can i unplug that junk without kicking out a code .. i have a boost gauge and it looks horrible damn vacuum line coming across to the passenger side fender..