Easy fix or not?

bullet87

I finally got my car running and drove it down the road. I dont trust it to venture out too far. I put new piston rings in and through diagnosis replaces a ton of unnessary sensors. It idles around 1200. I dont hear any misses.
This issues that Im having:
1} I brought up to 5 lbs boost and let off. Not even close to full throttle. Car started to run like crap. Found it popped off the air filter.
2} The car now seems like it is idleing two low and has even cut off at red lights. Give it gas and its fine.
3} Most of the time when I let off the gas, it stumbles for a couple seconds.

My thoughts: I have huge injectors with a killer fuel pump, but fuel is set to 42 line off. What are your thoughts?

Tons of unnecessary sensors? Which are those? Most sensors are necessary on a TR except EGR.

True. I ment that people where trying to help me out by suggesting sensors to replace. IE MAF, Crank, Cam. So I replaced all those to no resolve. I did however find that I had a bad coil pack and module.

Yes it is matched. I thought that was it too. I went from a ME setup to a Turbo Tweak chip.

What is your TPS and IAC engine warm at idle?

Make sure no vacuum leaks and no leaks between the maf and turbo.

IAC counts are pretty critical to idle. I suggest you get a scantool hooked up so you have some direction to go in.

TR buick owner 101:
one of the absolute requirements to get a TR running and diagnosing properly is a scanmaster. You gotta know what's going on before replacing things and throwing away $$.

TR buick owner 101:
one of the absolute requirements to get a TR running and diagnosing properly is a scanmaster. You gotta know what's going on before replacing things and throwing away $$.

The absolute very first mod before even changing the airfilter.. scantool. Without it.. like the blind asking for directions.

An earlier turbo buick I had was the same. The car would do almost everything you described so one day I reset my TPS, it was a pain that took over an hour for some reason with two people and we still didn't get both idle and WOT values in range. So I gave up and went back by myself and got it on the second try, go figure.

The car ran like a million bucks afterwards, the only other adjustment was some small tinkering with the FPR down to 40 maybe.

Step 1, call (586) 294-4404 and order the scanmaster 2.1

step 2 install.. Step 3 read values.. step 4 make adjustment.. done.

Even if the TPS was adjusted and it cleaned up the problem, your temptation to take it for a ride and see "what it does" will overide any common sense.. and you need to keep an eye on it until things are correct.

You have a highly modified fuel injected car, not a car never touched by anyone. Your going to need to learn to deal with it or you'll blow it up.. doesnt take long. Get rid of the direct scan as it allows you to record when you blow it up. And get something you can look at in real time.

In the future, get a power logger and record what the scanmaster is telling you.

If you dont have the $$$, sell some of the mods and get the diagnostic equipment.

Hope this helps.

thats funny. I have a direct scan, but the program only works with a early laptop. Any takers for a trade DS for SM?