Eagle rods are available now?

325DR

Heard their rods are ready. Anyone got their hands on a set yet? What lenghts are available?

I spoke with them yesterday and they said nothing available yet. I also spoke with ProForm and they are thinking about coming out with a complete rotating assembly.

HighPSI said:
I spoke with them yesterday and they said nothing available yet. I also spoke with ProForm and they are thinking about coming out with a complete rotating assembly.

Cal you are such a tease tell us more!

John,
Actually its Pro-Gram Engineering(steel main caps) we spoke to. Paul from HR Parts introduced us to them. They were looking for input on new parts. At This time there is nothing in stone but some good ideas came out. They do have the ball rolling and had started this project some time ago.

As you have seen their parts are very nice plus the have experience building parts for the no so popular makes. So in my opinion it looks very,very good.

Pro Gram already sells Oliver rods as well....

They have a nice rod/piston package avail that I beleive Jack Cotton and a few other vendors carry.

Yes you are correct. But the new rod should be more affordable than a Oliver rod. Both will fill a different area in the market.

sure wish someone would come out with afordable drop in rods .. sure would make things alot easier on us engine builders :cool:

I dont think there will be a big enough market for them to start making them, I hope I am wrong.That is the problem Eagle has. ProGram sells ALOT of Oliver rods but I bet not alot of V6 Buick rods.

Eagle rods

I am in the process of having replacement rods built. The first sets are
about 4 weeks out. They will be available on custom order only until I
am comfortable with all the aspects of the piece. I am hoping to have
a price of 699.00 to 750.00 a set.

Dan Strezo
DLS ENGINE DEVELOPMENT

I would be interested in a set in the near future if everything works out with them.

There is at least 2 maybe 3 or 4 drop in rods coming out in the very near future. I expect to have them on the web site today or tomorrow :biggrin:

Mike

Good news Mike! Does anyone have a website link for Pro-Gram Engineering- cant seem to find it?

V6gofast said:
I am in the process of having replacement rods built. The first sets are
about 4 weeks out. They will be available on custom order only until I
am comfortable with all the aspects of the piece. I am hoping to have
a price of 699.00 to 750.00 a set.

Dan Strezo
DLS ENGINE DEVELOPMENT

Thanks Dan!

You have got to be frigging kidding me...

So 3 months ago I spend 1200 on a set of crowers that are overkill for this build b/c nothing else is available, and then someone releases a set of hbeams for 500 bucks that "drop in"! Hell the crowers needed machine work. aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh :mad: :frown: jesus christ i need to get away from buick crap.

OH WELL, at least someone will save some $$$ :redface:

325DR said:
Mike - Are these available in lengths other than stock (6.5")? Are they strong enough for a mid 9 second 109 motor?

Mike are you out there?

Anyone else using these rods in a 9sec 109 motor?

325DR said:
Mike - Are these available in lengths other than stock (6.5")? Are they strong enough for a mid 9 second 109 motor?

The rods can be custom ordered in any length or configiration . There is about
a 6 week lead time. Considering some guys have gone low 10's on stock rods
I would say these rods can handle a TSM engine. I am currently using a set in
a 1250 hp build in house . I just received a shippment of 6.000x.927 rods in
today.

DAN STREZO
DLS ENGINE DEVELOPMENT
219-956-3653