E85 what is really needed ?

434nova

Now I am running 93 gas with alky. I would like to do a e85 conversion since there is a local gas station that is now selling it ( BP ) brand. I have been reading on what needs to be done for the conversion but I am getting different answers so I figure I will post a thread and see what replies I get. Right now my car has red Armstrong double pumper, will this pump setup work with a low 10 second high 9 car on e85 ? I also am running 72# injectors but I will be switching to 120s. Question is can I run the stock fuel and return lines ? I also want to be able to run 93 gas and switch back to the e85 when I turn it up , what flex fuel sensor would I need ? Is there a specific fuel filter I need? Is there anything else I need to change for the e85 ? I am running a fast xfi. Thanks in advance.

i have the single 430 and -6 -8 lines . I was told if I didn't change the lines that my fuel pressure wouldn't be able to lower it. I also plumed in a ethonal sensor in the return line for my sd2 flex fuel option

I'm on stock fuel lines with a double pumper and no issues at all. The sd2 chip is great for monitoring and making adjustments. I can't talk about 9 second passes with the pump without knowing the pumps LPH but know I'll be good for a mid 10 the its my 510lph this fall.

I changed my fuel pump to a dw300, changed the rubber lines at the tank and over the axle(just to whatever advance auto sells). New fuel filter, and 80# injectors ttchip.

Do you happen to know what the material is of the hoses you changed are. I know stock is rubber just want to know what the new hoses are made from ? Thanks

120 Injectors and E85 chip from Eric at TurboTweak, DW301 pump, hotwire kit, volt booster, adj FPR, stock lines, stock style filter, and filled it up with E85.

Ran 30# boost with my stock long block, 60-1 turbo, and Dutt neck stock IC with no knock.

I love E85.(y)

Ditto............been on E-85 for 9 months and I have to drive 35 miles each way to get it!!!
New teflon lines 6 return & 8 feed with filters at each end, 80s and TT chip DW 300 pump and Caspers audio knock. So far so good, clean and no smell when stored! You can setup for it and always switch easily if needed, but give it an honest try.

Czimpel, You have a similar setup to what I am running. What kind of times did you get at 30 pounds?

Haven't ran the 4.1 yet. The old stock long block with a D5 converter(way too tight) best was a 12.73 at 109. Not very impressive. 60' was horrible, IIRC it was around 2.0 seconds. The converter and exhaust were really holding it back.