e85 Testers

jdredd

I don't have a GN so will get that out of the way... but do have a 3800 v6 turbo powered grand prix.
Same spirit i'd like to think... a little.. :)

Anyways, car is in the mid 10's and once back to the track after the PI locking converter and transbrake
done, I am hoping to push in to the high 9's.

For 2013 I just filled it up with Kroger e85 and that was that.

This year as Ill be pushing the boost up more. Eventually putting the Precision BB 7675 turbo I have sitting,
and put some more abuse to the car. I want to insure the e85 I am using is good as can be and not
way off on the rating.

I see there are different testers out there of sorts, but wondering which one people are having the
best results and can recommend?

I don't have a GN so will get that out of the way... but do have a 3800 v6 turbo powered grand prix.

Anyways, car is in the mid 10's and once back to the track after the PI locking converter and transbrake

This year as Ill be pushing the boost up more. Eventually putting the Precision BB 7675 turbo I have sitting,
and put some more abuse to the car. I want to insure the e85 I am using is good as can be and not
way off on the rating.

I see there are different testers out there of sorts, but wondering which one people are having the

I have a high end tester made by Quinn Labs ... ~$500 for it ... and a Quick Fuel one as well ~$20 bucks ... not much difference between the accuracy .. just ease of use is all..

Use the Quick Fuel .. it will give you a close enough reading ... E80 or E85 .. your car won't tell the difference

I have a high end tester made by Quinn Labs ... ~$500 for it ... and a Quick Fuel one as well ~$20 bucks ... not much difference between the accuracy .. just ease of use is all..

Use the Quick Fuel .. it will give you a close enough reading ... E80 or E85 .. your car won't tell the difference

Awesome... Being off a little bit is passable.. I just don't want to run something at the track that would register really low.
Use to run VP fuel few years back, a little more guaranteed of quality and never had to test. But since I am getting my fuel now from a Kroger gas station,
i'd like to just know I am good to go.

I'll get the $20 deal then.

The use the one from Summit Racing which only cost $20 bucks. Works fine.

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

way off on the rating.

Now this is the way I went so that I know what my fuel content is at all times without pulling out the tester..... http://www.zeitronix.com

Yes .. but that's also $2500 to get working :) ... TT chips aren't far behind DFI's if at all .. if he offered the flex fuel sensor with chip correction we would be on easy street

Dont need the chip to be connected. Can run stand along and tune a/f that way

Dont need the chip to be connected. Can run stand along and tune a/f that way

your MISSING my point ... the XFI is a $2500 stand alone ...

A TT chip is less than $100 .. if ERICS chip could compensate Fuel curves based off the Flex fuel sensor .. Why would I need a DFI ? The SD2 is essentially a mini dfi any way ..

that's all I was getting at .. if we could tie in a TT chip and the Flex fuel sensor .. it's the ultimate

I've been running Eric's S/D system for a while on E85 & have gone as fast or faster as any of the guys using XFI. I've gone as fast as 9.3's @ 145 with Eric's S/D on E85.
Gabby

I've been running Eric's S/D system for a while on E85 & have gone as fast or faster as any of the guys using XFI. I've gone as fast as 9.3's @ 145 with Eric's S/D on E85.
Gabby

EXACTLY my point ... the only thing I would really like to see is incorporation of the flex fuel sensor .. that would just put the icing on the cake !!!!

Your reading into it. My POINT is that you dont need the vial tester or have to wait for the SD chip to use the ZEITRONIX. That is all I am saying. People get an attitude over the stupid things.

Your reading into it. My POINT is that you dont need the vial tester or have to wait for the SD chip to use the ZEITRONIX. That is all I am saying. People get an attitude over the stupid things.

No man . no attitude at all was just commenting that it would be really trick if it can be tied into a TT chip for auto correction.. that was what I was getting at.. its easy to read and see .. but you still need to figure out what to do with the tune regardless of how you get the ALKY content ..

Yes I read you loud and clear on the gauge.. trick ... just was mentioning that it would be AWESOME if it can be incorporated into a TT chip to alter tunes based off the content

Bob made a post about a month ago about working on this for the SD2/power logger setup.

I purchased the cheapy tester from Summit.. should be here in a day or two.

The car is a track only deal and a 6 gallon fuel cell. I usually buy e85 the day before in two 5 gallon jugs
and then head to the track next day. Now I can test whats at the pump right there before blowing money on 10 gallons
of something that maybe super low grade.

That's the same way i did it. That's cause that fuel draws moisture if u leave it hanging around for too long. The more moisture, the less % ur going to get out it.

I just asked Bob about that option for the sd2 and he said it is almost complete. Just waiting for the nice weather to do the testing.

I just asked Bob about that option for the sd2 and he said it is almost complete. Just waiting for the nice weather to do the testing.

once that's live .. ohh dear ... look out .. that will make some ripples !!!

That is where it will be at with these cars !!

Just a little update.

Got the cheap tester tube and put it to work.

When to two different stations and got a gallon from each place on the same day.

One tested as e70 ( Thorntons ) and the other tested as e80 ( Kroger )
I retested each one a 2nd time, and go the same results.

Worked out nicely and well worth it. I can now quickly test right there at the pump basically.. if i see a low reading i can say screw this and
goto the other place and try again and hope for a better result before buying 10 gallons of it for the track.