E85 Injectors

turbo89

If anyone is looking for injector for a E85 conversion.. PM me I can get you the best price on a set of injectors

They work Excellent with Erics TT chip.. have been 10.80's with perfect driveability ... cant say enough about them

have 10 sets in stock $260 shipped ..

thanks guys

If anyone is looking for injector for a E85 conversion.. PM me I can get you the best price on a set of injectors

They work Excellent with Erics TT chip.. have been 10.80's with perfect driveability ... cant say enough about them

have 10 sets in stock $260 shipped ..

thanks guys

Are tou selling smartfire injectors?

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

nope...smartfires are junk...

these are New Siemens 80# pounders ... i'm really impressed with how well these injectors work on a daily driver type car.. when combined with a TT chip.. the results are unreal ... very very impressed with the combo

nope...smartfires are junk...

Really junk huh? :eek:

My car runs 9's with them and know of many others that are working fine?

You may not have the right tune for them or other issues, but calling a brand "junk" because it does not work for you is really out of line in my opinion. :(

You may not have the right tune for them or other issues, but calling a brand "junk" because it does not work for you is really out of line in my opinion. :(

Nick, I went through 3 sets and Cal is a witness. They are junk......

We have used 6 sets and the GN's are all running fine, what issues did you have?

They would short out and stick open (flooding that cylinder), stop working completely (wouldnt fire), and ends if the injector nozzles kept falling apart (sticking in the intake). I would have missing issues and idling issues. After three set and arguing with Doug Weldon (Smartfire), I had to get credit card company involved. Finally got a refund. Charged me a restock fee for junk. Now have a set of Bosch and no issues. They are junk. I wouldnt run them EVER in a turbo car. Now if it were my grandmothers olds, then maybe..... Just be careful!!!

If you do an internet search for them, you will find a lot of people complaining. Injectors giving out while going down track and things.

Glad they work for you ... i've given them 3 chances ...hence my conclusion ... JUNK !
The flow rates are all over the board .... Before you jump on me ... flow 3 sets back to back .. then tell me they work fine.

"My car runs 9's with them" ... yippie .. great ... how do they run in the street ?? and for how long ?

I don't care how good your tune is.. your not going to clean up the issues with those injectors...

For the money in a mid 10 second STREET CAR .. the Siemens 80's can't be beat.

Glad they work for you ... i've given them 3 chances ...hence my conclusion ... JUNK !
The flow rates are all over the board .... Before you jump on me ... flow 3 sets back to back .. then tell me they work fine.

"My car runs 9's with them" ... yippie .. great ... how do they run in the street ?? and for how long ?

I don't care how good your tune is.. your not going to clean up the issues with those injectors...

For the money in a mid 10 second STREET CAR .. the Siemens 80's can't be beat.

Same issues that I had!

10.80's with 80's on E-85?
What is the duty cycle at that level with 80's?
Im doing an E85 conversion over the winter and was thinking I needed 120's or 160's
Im looking at 10.50's around 130 mph

10.80's with 80's on E-85?
What is the duty cycle at that level with 80's?
Im doing an E85 conversion over the winter and was thinking I needed 120's or 160's
Im looking at 10.50's around 130 mph

I had 80# on E85 and duty cycle was 96%..... Maxed out!!! On gas you will have a lot of room to play with

no need for 160s. 120s, will go 9s on e85 or e98

Any track times with that DC?

They have been mid 10's and not maxed .. depends on tune, pump, pressures run, E content ..

This is on a true.. drive to the track 75 miles each way.. full weight GN..

Just looking at pure duty cycle isnt a good gauge as to the injector overhead .

Whats impressive more than the numbers is the overall streetability / idle quality / driveabliity of the combination . The injectors act alot smaller than they are...

They aren't suited for a 9 second race car ...

But they work EXTREMELY well for a 10 second TRUE STREET car.

They have been mid 10's and not maxed .. depends on tune, pump, pressures run, E content ..

This is on a true.. drive to the track 75 miles each way.. full weight GN..

Just looking at pure duty cycle isnt a good gauge as to the injector overhead .

Whats impressive more than the numbers is the overall streetability / idle quality / driveabliity of the combination . The injectors act alot smaller than they are...

They aren't suited for a 9 second race car ...

But they work EXTREMELY well for a 10 second TRUE STREET car.

Thats exactly what I have. Full weight, no cage, with working A/C Mid-10 second street car.
I am doing the Racetronix fuel line kit, with the Racetronix 430 LPH E85 pump and I have 80# injectors already so I figured I can start off with them. In all reality, I would be content with anything in the 10.XX range on E85.
Just curious if the 80's would work.

I was 100% duty cycle at 16 lbs of boost on the street with 75lb injectors and a double pumper. When I upgraded to Smartfire 120's the tuner commented how much easier it was to get the idle and driveability than with my old ones.

I was 100% duty cycle at 16 lbs of boost on the street with 75lb injectors and a double pumper. When I upgraded to Smartfire 120's the tuner commented how much easier it was to get the idle and driveability than with my old ones.

What 75's did you run ? with what pressure ..

What Power level were you pushing to get 100% on a 75# injector... how much boost is useless info ..

Maybe you lucked out and got "THE GOOD" set of smartfires .. tell your tuner to flow a few sets back to back and then tell me if he will ever put his customers into that injector after seeing that.

Perhaps there was a RASH of inferior smartfire injectors that went out.. and I was lucky enough to have gotten 3 sets ..

even with cylinder correction they still sucked.

Glad they work good for you .. just wonder for how long ? I'd be pissed to hurt a motor .. especially not mine.. to save $50 bucks

Dennis, I would be very careful. I went through three sets. Smartfire injectors sound sweet and as appealing as sex.... But they will fail you like as if you caught the clap....

What 75's did you run ? with what pressure ..

What Power level were you pushing to get 100% on a 75# injector... how much boost is useless info ..

Maybe you lucked out and got "THE GOOD" set of smartfires .. tell your tuner to flow a few sets back to back and then tell me if he will ever put his customers into that injector after seeing that.

Perhaps there was a RASH of inferior smartfire injectors that went out.. and I was lucky enough to have gotten 3 sets ..

even with cylinder correction they still sucked.

Glad they work good for you .. just wonder for how long ? I'd be pissed to hurt a motor .. especially not mine.. to save $50 bucks

I agree with you. Doug Weldon is a crook!!!! If these injectors were so great, Cal Hartline would sell them or use them.

Clint