E85 from Kwik Trip?

MNwe4

Anyone ever use or test E85 from a Kwik Trip station in the Midwest? I went on their website and found that specific stations list what fuels they have and what the price is. E85 also has a listed blend of E70, but I'm wondering if that's accurate or kept up to date. I did contact them and await a response. It would be pretty cool if they could guarantee that it's always kept close to E70.

1654531880881.png

Speaking for myself only, I would not trust any posted numbers from a service station. I test every time I fill up. In my case though I have to because we don't have pump e85 but I would still test even if we did.

Speaking for myself only, I would not trust any posted numbers from a service station. I test every time I fill up. In my case though I have to because we don't have pump e85 but I would still test even if we did.
I'm looking to go to E85 this winter. Here in CO we have pump E85.

Do you have any recommendations of a decent E85 test kit?

Thanks!!

Every pump station ive ever used never read more then 76% ethanol some way lower , only vp x85 in a drum read a true reading

Either but a tester or get the AEM failsafe 3 in 1 gauge that has...

Wideband
Boost
Ethanol

No more concerns and 3 in 1 is a nice space saver.

Attachments

• 20211030_200344.jpg
    20211030_200344.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 108
The E85 pump at the gas stations in NorCal is a seperate company and not affiliated or owned by that gas station. So, they obviously have a deal between them. We don't have many pumps and I've only found 2 companies that produce/offer it.

Propel Fuels which markets their E85 as high performance E85. Whenever I test theirs, it always test at E86-E87. If you're lucky enough to find a Propel pump in your area, definitely make it your go to pump. I always try to bring several jugs whenever I fill up.

The other is Pearson Fuels. A new pump opened that was actually near me, so I was hoping it would be just as good as the Propel. It wasn't, it was just ok, I guess? It tested at E80. But what got me worried, was the sign on their pump that said it could range from(I can't remember) either E51 or E57 to E85. With a wide, potential variation like that, I definitely won't be stopping at any of their pumps again. Way too risky.

So, beware where ever you're buying your E85 from. There's a good chance you're not getting what you think you're paying for. Even though the Propel has always tested a smidgen above E85, I always test it everytime. For the cost of a E85 tester vs the cost of an engine repair, there's no excuse for not erring on the side of caution. All it takes is one bad batch or an improperly sealed tank to leave your car in a busted up condition. Don't be a dummy.

For a E85 tester, I like and have been using the Rev X E85 tester. I got mine off of ebay.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220609-230806_eBay.jpg
    Screenshot_20220609-230806_eBay.jpg
    231.5 KB · Views: 119
Thanks for the replies everyone. Definitely understand testing and getting good fuel, which I know I can get from a Holiday another 5 miles away. I've never had it test below 83 during the summer months and have been going there for almost a decade. I was more curious about if KT's website is accurate with what is in the ground. I did recently get a call back from one of their corporate employees and he was adamant that the website should be accurate with the last batch that was put in the ground, but it doesn't reflect what you get out of the pump since it's all blended together and the turn over rate isn't high at all. So, if it says E70, you might not get that until July and then when it goes up to E85, that might not hit until Sept, at which point our temps start to cool off, so then they start diluting it back with E70 again. Short story, there is no consistent blend in the ground from them. Always test. I'll keep going to my Holiday.

Anyone ever use or test E85 from a Kwik Trip station in the Midwest? I went on their website and found that specific stations list what fuels they have and what the price is. E85 also has a listed blend of E70, but I'm wondering if that's accurate or kept up to date. I did contact them and await a response. It would be pretty cool if they could guarantee that it's always kept close to E70.

View attachment 384635
I just use a e85 fuel tester

Last week but I'm in verona wi
It is from kwik trip

Attachments

• 20220521_135750.jpg
    20220521_135750.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 137