E85 and classic fast

turbo6man

I just transfered over from ACCEL DFI gen 6 to Classic fast. I was wondering if anyone is running a classic fast with E85. I would really like to see what your closed loop A/F map looks like for E85 (my old ACCEL did not have wideband). I would also like to look at your acceleration maps. I had my old system running fine up to 17PSI where I ran into some fueling issues (that's a previous post). Now I am having some problems with getting this system to run correct when I blip the throttle please see sig for setup. Thanks :biggrin:

You might be better off asking about this in the "Performance ECM Upgrades" section, but I will give it a shot here.

The A/F ratio mapping in the FAST B2B will be based on gasoline since the B2B or Classic system does not have a Fuel-Energy Constants that would change the wide band O2 sensor and the A/F tables to read E-85 ratios correctly.

While the oxygen sensor will display air/fuel ratios when burning E-85. However, they will be displayed as conventional gasoline air/fuel ratios.

Attached is a table that may help you translate the A/F based in gasoline needed for your use within the FAST B2B tables to the A/F needed for the E-85 fuel.

http://chicagolandbuick.org/pdf/Air_fuel_ratios_for_gasoline_to_E-85.pdf

I will try E-mailing you the gct files that I was using in the E-85 fueled Regal before I upgraded to the XFI box, since I do not believe this Board will let me upload the "gct" file.

Hope this helps. I was keeping the correction limits for the O2 sensor adjustments to the fueling fairly high until the VE tables were close. With a used system it is better to zero our most of the other adjustments for fueling in the operating temperature range until you get the VE table close.