E Turbo.. Being Discussed

Wow, I can't believe there are idiots actually putting these on their cars! It might make a good desk fun or something, but to actually make boost? HAHAHA

The worst part is the other posters. "Can't wait to see the dyno #s" "That thing rocks" There was one who doubted it's effectiveness, but he didn't call it bogus. The funny thing is the "turbo" made his car run worse.
:D
Ricers sure are suckers....

James

I can't believe some ricer TOOL actually spent money on that thing!!!!!!!!!! hehehehehehehehehehehehehe, hehehehehehehehehehhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

that is the funniest crap I have seen today!:p :p :p

just goes to show that we were all correct: Ricers=dumb as hell.

that thing looks like it could push about .000001 PSI!

Hey They support all the rides..

Our electric turbo fits in most modern (fuel injected) vehicles. The only type of vehicle it currently does not fit is those with carbureted engines. Even our test vehicle is not a typical car you'd see with upgrades!

If it can fit under the hood then it's good! We recommend you take out your old air box for two reasons. First of all is that it will free up space, and secondly a cone air filter will give you better results. If you don't believe you have the space for the turbo get creative. Many people run the intake down into the front bumper. Since your bumper is designed to absorb impacts there is usually a lot of empty space in it. It's usually enough room to fit twin turbos.

Acura
AM General
Aston Martin
Audi
Bentley
BMW
Buick
Cadillac
Chevrolet
Chrysler
Daewoo
Dodge
Eagle
Ferrari
Ford
Geo
GMC
Honda
HUMMER
Hyundai
Infiniti
Isuzu
Jaguar
Jeep
Kia
Lamborghini
Land Rover
Lexus
Lincoln
Lotus
Maserati
Mazda
Mercedes-Benz
Mercury
MINI
Mitsubishi
Nissan
Oldsmobile
Panoz
Plymouth
Pontiac
Porsche
Rolls-Royce
Saab
Saturn
Subaru
Suzuki
Toyota
Volkswagen
Volvo

What a bunch of morons. I can't believe this guy even admits to buying it. He'd be better off with a fart can and a 6 foot wing and some purple neons. Just wait till he trys to run a car with a real turbo.

the worst part is, they sell the same "turbo" on ebay for like $50 and even thats over priced!!!!!

I say

we see what the pro's think. I am moving this to the Turbo section...

This ought to be good....:D

Bruce
WE4

Thanks for the link. I was wondering where all the dumbasses were hiding on the net.

I was just about to post this, didn't think it was already up.

It's posts like that one that make me fear for the future of humanity.

If anyone needs me, I'll be building a rocket to to fly to Mars with incredible "3 Hair Dryer and 2 Cans of Compressed Air Power". Should give me an extra 20,000 HP when I hook it up to the spare power antenna motor I've got laying around (with the appropriate baby blue clips of course). Trip to Mars and Back should take me 2.3 minutes, tops.

-Jade

...if that hair dryer adds boost rather than being a restriction to intake air flow, I'll be shocked.

Remember, in the ricer community, performance is nothing, and image is everything. Unless you're Vin Diesel.

Actual quote from a ricer bulletin board, "...for those 16 seconds or more, I'm free..."

Later,

OK, I decided to use some of the knowledge that I gained from my college days, because this whole e-turbo concept was really irritating me.

Let's say it's about 70 degrees outside. Let's also say that the little Civic engine can flow 125 grams of air per second at high revs. Let's also assume that the compressor is about 75% efficient, which is pretty optimistic. How much power would it take to compress the air exactly 1 psi (in other words, make 1 psi of boost) in this situation?

If I did all of the math right, it would take a little over 1 horsepower to compress that much air by 1 psi (make 1 psi of boost). I got this number using the laws of thermodynamics, which is really giving me a headache (espeically the entropy part to take into account the efficiency). The motor on the e-turbo is much smaller than the one-horse motor that is on my drill press, and it's 12-volt instead of 120-volt. So, it can't be more than a one-quarter horsepower motor.

At best, this guy is getting about 0.25 psi of boost from his e-turbo. He probably won't even be able to see it on his boost gauge.

Now, the only other question I have to ask myself is why in the helk did I waste my time doing this?

:rolleyes: