E-98

Sorry to threadbust here- Smoke25-- I see in your signature list you have a 2008 year C300 --would that happen to be the 3.0L flex-fuel C300 Luxury or Sport?

E-85 is about 105. E-98 is about 114.

Scott

here is my understanding of octane ratings on e85 which can get confusing due to the variety of fuels that come out of e85 pumps depending on location and climate:

e85 is the marketing name for various high ethanol blends that pump out of pumps labeled e85/105 octane

winter blend e85 is actually e70 which is approx 105 octane hence the 105 octane "minimum octane rating" on the pumps sticker

summer blend e85 is 85% ethanol and has an octane rating of approx 112 allthough it is often referenced that ethanol fuels act like they are higher in octane than the 105/112 rated numbers due to the excellent charge cooling characteristics of the fuels- seen a few posts where more hp was made on pump e85 than on c16

between the winter and summer fuels there are transitional fuels between 70-85%

go join modual mustangs and fast fords and do some lurking in their e85/e98 section , several guys are running e98 over there and have posted some data showing improvements above and beyond e 85 , mostly boosted Cobra guys messing with the alky fuels over there

once some people on here move up to e98 from e85 the mods will need to change this section to e85/e98technical forum;)

e-85 e-98

hello i run e-85 i have 564 hp to the rear wheels run 10.60 1.52 60 foot on street radials when dan white dyno tuned it i had my fast xfi at 35 lbs of boost with no knock i never tried e-98 but i heard it is great i think e-85 will work fine for you i know some buicks from white racing that had over 1000 hp to the wheels you need fast xfi with corrective wide band 02 and car will run like raped ape :eek: call white racing 586-756-3026 check out website White Racing Marine - *** NEW FOR 2009 -- E85 Systems for BIG HP INCREASE without Race Fuel *** - We are Your #1 Choice for Electronic Fuel Injection for Drag Racing. The finest aftermarket EFI Systems and Support money can buy. On Line assistance wi ask for dan white tell him jason baker told you to call he is the man i run 10.60 stock cam rods pistons crank

hello i run e-85 i have 564 hp to the rear wheels run 10.60 1.52 60 foot on street radials when dan white dyno tuned it i had my fast xfi at 35 lbs of boost with no knock i never tried e-98 but i heard it is great i think e-85 will work fine for you i know some buicks from white racing that had over 1000 hp to the wheels you need fast xfi with corrective wide band 02 and car will run like raped ape :eek: call white racing 586-756-3026 check out website White Racing Marine - *** NEW FOR 2009 -- E85 Systems for BIG HP INCREASE without Race Fuel *** - We are Your #1 Choice for Electronic Fuel Injection for Drag Racing. The finest aftermarket EFI Systems and Support money can buy. On Line assistance wi ask for dan white tell him jason baker told you to call he is the man i run 10.60 stock cam rods pistons crank

Are you the spokes for white racing?

Scott

E98 only has an octane or 114? I doubt its that low. Id bet research octane is over 125.

I`m with ya ,i hear there are multiple cars of all types in south Florida making well over 1,000 rwhp on e-85 straight out of the pump.We don`t get much of a seasonable blend here i`m thinking.

down here in florida, Gabby Rojas went 9.98 @ 140 mph with iron champion heads on e-85 with full interior and a/c ... videos on youtube if you guys wanna see... almost 4 months since he did it and no one has yet to come close...

Well I went 9.8's @ 150+Mph in my 3250Lb Talon on E85 last year, and am going to try E98 this year. The thing to remember with Ethanol and Methanol is its not just the octane rating its the amount of cooling and detonation resistance of the fuel itself.