dyslexic torque converter

MONSTER GN

Can anybody give me some info on this dyslexic torque converter I have here Lol
20151210_124029.jpg

It is a D6 converter, I have one too marked the same way, came with the car (not installed in the car). I have no idea what the application is.

RemoveBeforeFlight

It is a D6 converter, I have one too marked the same way, came with the car (not installed in the car). I have no idea what the application is.

RemoveBeforeFlight
I saw your previous thread and decided to start a new one, ot seemed a lil old. Mine came from poston buick so thats prolly where yours came from as well, seeking wisdom with this thing because i think it might be a junk a$$ converter

I pulled one out of a turbo car one time that was marked DIESEL. The stall speed was 1400 rpm period, end of the story. Needless to say the owner was very happy when he got the car back with the correct D5 converter in it. Here is some info I found on the olds site....

icon14.gif
Torque Converters, D5
icon14.gif

A higher stall converter is better for getting a car to move faster from a dead stop. Higher stall will produce more tire burning power for you people that like to judge a car on how well it burns out, it will also feel and be more powerful coming out of red lights. The stall is how high your engines RPMs will raise from a dead stop as soon as you mash the peddle so a higher stall converter will come off from a dead stop at higher RPMs resulting in higher power output to the wheels. On 307s with the 200-4R and 325-4L transmissions there is 3 converters used, they are labled by stampings on the outer shell of the converter stamper all the way around. The three converters are D7, D6 and D5. The D6 and D7 were used on basic Vin Y 307s and stalls around 1800 -2000rpm's while the D5 is used in the Cutlass 442 Vin 9 307s as well as Buick GN's and SS's, the D5 stalls at 2400rpm's so the higher stall of the D5 is what makes it desirable. Most people think that the D5 is hard to find because it was only used in special models like the 442 but thats not true, they can also be found in Cadillacs from the early to mid 80s with the 4100 FI 4.1 liter V8 and the 200-4R or 325-4L transmission so if you are on a junkyard search for a D5 I suggest looking for a D5 from one of these Cadillacs because there are a load of these cars in the junkyard. If you have your trans or engine out it is well worth it to find one of these converters because its a cheap power improver, I pulled mine myself from a junkyard and paid 13 bucks.

I pulled one out of a turbo car one time that was marked DIESEL. The stall speed was 1400 rpm period, end of the story. Needless to say the owner was very happy when he got the car back with the correct D5 converter in it. Here is some info I found on the olds site....

icon14.gif
Torque Converters, D5
icon14.gif

A higher stall converter is better for getting a car to move faster from a dead stop. Higher stall will produce more tire burning power for you people that like to judge a car on how well it burns out, it will also feel and be more powerful coming out of red lights. The stall is how high your engines RPMs will raise from a dead stop as soon as you mash the peddle so a higher stall converter will come off from a dead stop at higher RPMs resulting in higher power output to the wheels. On 307s with the 200-4R and 325-4L transmissions there is 3 converters used, they are labled by stampings on the outer shell of the converter stamper all the way around. The three converters are D7, D6 and D5. The D6 and D7 were used on basic Vin Y 307s and stalls around 1800 -2000rpm's while the D5 is used in the Cutlass 442 Vin 9 307s as well as Buick GN's and SS's, the D5 stalls at 2400rpm's so the higher stall of the D5 is what makes it desirable. Most people think that the D5 is hard to find because it was only used in special models like the 442 but thats not true, they can also be found in Cadillacs from the early to mid 80s with the 4100 FI 4.1 liter V8 and the 200-4R or 325-4L transmission so if you are on a junkyard search for a D5 I suggest looking for a D5 from one of these Cadillacs because there are a load of these cars in the junkyard. If you have your trans or engine out it is well worth it to find one of these converters because its a cheap power improver, I pulled mine myself from a junkyard and paid 13 bucks.
so whats your thought on this converter? Prolly not enough umph for a gn end of story?

Nope no magic in that converter unless your looking to slow it down. Now what is that avatar pic of? That looks like some pain.
GOD DANGIT!!!! Ive been saying the car dont feel right....i wish poston buick was still in business i would drive down there and cuss them up one side and down the other, it was supposed to be a 2,800 stall....and the avatar pic is of my shoulder. I guess 3 wheelers reallyaredangerous only took 14 years before one bit me20150512_200755.jpg

monster said-
it was supposed to be a 2,800 stall

How do you know it isn't.
Most if not all high stalls are reworked converters.

monster said-
it was supposed to be a 2,800 stall

How do you know it isn't.
Most if not all high stalls are reworked converters.
Theirs a reason poston buick is out of business, and its definately not stalling at 2800 more like 2000