Dyno Tune

BIGAIR

Boost addict
Hey guys,

Gonna be dyno tuning the car next week and have some questions for those that have been there.

I have a turbo tweek chip and a t-plus. With all the adjustability between the two, where sould i begin? Set the chip to "as sent" by eric and tune the t-plus first or vice versa.

Trying to tune at the drags or street has been a PITA!

Thanks,
Lee

Start at your default chip settings then work your way from there. That being said I dont like dynos to determine real world applications.

My 2 cents: Whatever numbers your car makes on the dyno will not result in 100% accurate track results. The dyno can show 500 horsepower but a day at the track can show a bad 60 foot, terrible air, and knock high gear that wont rear its head on the stret till you are under full RPM engine load in third gear. Take it to the track and tune for best MPH..thats the only way to know for sure how much real world power your car is making.

I think Eric recommends setting the trans to it's base settings and doing the fuel and spark timing in the chip.

From my limited experience when tuning on a Mustang dyno, the max. dyno tune will be a lot leaner than what you can run on the street. You may need to add fuel to run on the street.

Thanks for the info guys!

That does give me somewhere to start. I have tried tuning at the track, but limited runs and lots of adjustment ability seem to conflict w/ one another. :)

After this dyno tune I will head back to the track and 'fine tune' it to real application driving.

Thanks again,
Lee