Dyno set up for v 6 in progress

mturbo87

Mike
Will be running this stage II TA engine soon. Have a few modifications to make before Its up and running. Stay tunned!

Attachments

• v-6 001.jpg
    v-6 001.jpg
    70.8 KB · Views: 816
That's gonna look/run good when it's back in the limited...

K.

the exit on the downpipe worked out kind bad for ya I see. Killer setup

Had to do a bunch of roundy-round engines and its finaly over so were back to setting up the V6, should be running over Thanksgiving weekend. Just have some electrical and other misc adjustments.

Attachments

• v6 dyno 002.jpg
    v6 dyno 002.jpg
    67.5 KB · Views: 687
  • v6 dyno 001.jpg
    v6 dyno 001.jpg
    85 KB · Views: 685
  • v6 dyno 003.jpg
    v6 dyno 003.jpg
    80.4 KB · Views: 682
  • v6 dyno 004.jpg
    v6 dyno 004.jpg
    77.4 KB · Views: 688
  • v6 dyno 005.jpg
    v6 dyno 005.jpg
    79.5 KB · Views: 688
Very cool. Looks like you have quite the setup at your shop? I think you had mentioned a few guys stopping by your place before the cancelled 42 event this fall to get 'tuned'. Drop me a pm sometime and let me know what you do up there.

Cool! I've put a couple of Buick engines on the dyno. You may be suprised where peak hp comes in at.

Cool! I've put a couple of Buick engines on the dyno. You may be suprised where peak hp comes in at.
It may surprise me, more so, it will be weeding out all the gray areas. Whats really cool is we can run an engine 24/7 and control water ,oil and inlet air temps.

you gonna put a big ass fan in front of that intercooler to make it actually do it's job- and maybe soak it with a garden hose while it's running for some really high power blasts?

Looks awesome. All the best with it.
Isn't the o2 placement too far down the downpipe for a proper reading? I thought they always had to be between 12 to 14 inches after the turbo. Might want to look into that.

Looks awesome. All the best with it.
Isn't the o2 placement too far down the downpipe for a proper reading? I thought they always had to be between 12 to 14 inches after the turbo. Might want to look into that.

Not really. 12-14 inches is chosen mostly as a matter of convenience. Easy place to mount, however, it's also a hostile environement to the sensor. Usually too much heat in race applications.
Down near the end of the down pipe is a more comfortable environment, but must also be kept safe from any nearby "leaks".

Where he has his, I have mine about 12" further up, on the nearly vertical part of the pipe. Far enough from the end to not be bother by fresh air revershion, and far enough from the turbo to never worry about overheating.

I find this the ideal placement:

Attachments

• 100_0334.jpg
    100_0334.jpg
    29.4 KB · Views: 502
I have seen this dyno in action and it is first class! The guys over at Pro Car Associates build mean Turbo Buick engines...cant wait to see this in the Limited!

Cool sh!t Mike... :eek:

Was the owner on site for the dyno pulls? I bet the previous owner will be jealous when the car makes its debut back out again!! :biggrin:

K.

The one and only time I fried a bearing on a turbo was when it was on a dyno. And of course that was the only time I did not use synthetic oil in the motor. Just sayin........something to check out.