Duttweiler modified neck?

GNBlack

Om please get me some feedback on this item. Does this item work? The company claims a 38hp difference i think that is a little high. Obviously there is some some of gains as there would be increased air flow and cooling capacity....my guess is no more than 10hp. Please get back to me on this. Thxs.

Since we usually see 2-3 psi increase in boost, I would think it closer to 38 HP. This can vary considerable depending on specific build and add-on's.

I can confirm what Nick said. The neck works. I have installed several for my customers. We tend to see around 2-3 psi of boost increase.

I bought one already welded on the intercooler for $150 used.

Put it on the GN and used my existing shroud etc.

Still have my core worth about $80-100.

Just an alternative if you can't weld or don't want to wait for the downtime.

Then again you have to find one used for $150. ;)

Most have been closer to $200 modified lately.

well if they work as you say and get about 30-40 hp as you guys are saying and the company claims.....im buying one! thats a significant hp increase for the $$$!!

Now I'm confused.

lets see ,,, 30-45 hp gained w/ the dut neck. Yet several people state a FM is not worth it unless deep into the 10's. If it's a money issue thats one thing,,,,, but from the ford side spending $500-$600(used FM) for 45 hp isn't toooo bad! IMO

Now I'm confused (doesn't take much).

If you're running say 15lbs of boost with the stock intercooler and you swap in the Dutt neck, are you saying the car will now run safely (i.e. no knock) at 17 or 18lbs boost?

Or...are you saying that if you're running say the same 15lbs of boost with the stock intercooler and you swap in the Dutt neck, the new setup will yield 17 or 18lbs of boost, BUT you have to scale back to 15lbs again because that is all the car can handle. In other words, the turbo/intercooler combination with the Dutt neck is just making boost a little easier.

all i want to know is if its worth the money and if it works as advertised. I am running larger injectors and and aftermarket intake system with diff chip and slight mods such as this...nothing fancy. will the neck change over give that much hp? if so why doesnt everyone get one!? i mean we are talking 38hp and for what 80$!!!

At a wastegate setting you would see 20 psi with a stock neck, you will see about 22 psi with a duttweiller neck. It isn't a 2 psi difference across the board, however. At low boost levels you won't see 2 psi. At high boost leveles you will see more than 2 psi.

Take the 38hp difference with a grain of salt. Sure it CAN be worth 38 hp. This could mean at 28 psi of boost. In a TA49 turbo car running 23 psi of boost (before and after neck mod), it may be worth 5 to 15 hp, if the wastegate rod is corrected to produce the same boost at the manifold. If you don't adjust the rod, the boost increase of 2 psi can give 30 hp pretty easily, but the higher boost at the manifold means you'll need higher octane gas to compensate.

The neck's about $75 and to have it welded on (figure about $30-$50) plus a couple hours of handwork to fit and finish the neck.

A lot of people probably don't do it because of the fabrication and welding which is required. That $$$ can add up unless you have some "connections" that can do it.

After I did the fabrication part of it, I got mine welded on for $20 by a friend's Dad, so for $95 I thought it was a great investment!

For what it's worth, I actually could not run AS MUCH boost after the install without KR, so that says to me that it was flowing more air, even at the same boost levels. With some more tuning I feel it contributed to my stock turbo GN running a 111.97mph best, and consistent 110+.