Dutt oil pump install???

HIboostGN

I am about to install a Dutt external oil pump on my new engine and would like to know who else is running this setup and how they did the block or front cover mods. I have the complete longblock together and would like to do the mods to the front cover if possible but if not then I will strip it down and go from there. Also I bought a 1/4 npt to -8 fitting to screw into the feed area ( oil pres/turbo feed hole ) is this going to be enough? Or should i drill this out and tap to 3/8 npt and is this possible it looks pretty close and hate to crack the block trying. Here is my setup and willing to change if i under built any of it. Out of pan is a -10 90 degree Earls fitting to the pump feed. Out of pump i am -8 thru 18" hose to the external single top feed filter out of filter thru 24" of -8 to the feed hole of block. I also ran -6 hose from the pump bypass out to the stock oil drain back hole at the block. I am worried the up hill might cause a problem? I could always route it to the fuel pump area where others have that i heard of?? I have not cut any hoses yet but just mocked up all the fittings and waiting to hear what mods need to be done on the motor to run this set up? i know i need to plug the original feed hole but what else? Also anyone running a DSL alumi pan for this setup could you give me a price range i hate to ask but really thinking of calling up and ordering one if there not to pricey? I already modified my stock pan for dual turbo drain backs so not sure if a DSL pan would work and does anyone have a pick of his pan they could post?
THANKS !!!!
Jerry

When I was running Dutt set up, I drilled and tapped the side of the block to 3/8. There's enough meat there.

I threaded the block (timing cover side) of the oil pick up to accept a threaded to plug. I drove a freeze out plug into the timing cover gallery that feeds the block.

Basically the Duttweiler set up eliminates the oil galleries in the timing cover. It just uses the oil pump portion.

I welded a -6an male fitting on the fuel block off plate and used that for the bypass.

I had pictures of the set up but lost them due to my hard drive taking a dump.

Billy T.
gnxtc2@aol.com

dutt pics

I thought I'd send you a couple pics of my dutt pump, taken when I pulled my motor. I have beter pics at home if you need more. The highest line on the oil pan is where the turbo drains back. My turbo is fed right from the remote filter.

If Billy could explain more about the freeze plug I'd appreciate it. Mine is a Stage 2 block (153 on center block) so it may not be required.

Attachments

• theBeastMotor 030.jpg
    theBeastMotor 030.jpg
    40.4 KB · Views: 538
  • theBeastMotor 023.jpg
    theBeastMotor 023.jpg
    52.8 KB · Views: 548
  • theBeastMotor 032.jpg
    theBeastMotor 032.jpg
    51.8 KB · Views: 549
Billy,FEDX,

Thanks for the help and pics!!! I may just have to tear this apart and drill out the feed oil DAMM! If i go that far might as well drill and tap the front oil gallery holes too! Was hoping i could mod the front cover so i didn't have to pull apart the motor but this might not be the case. I might just go with a stock setup for now till the new girdle shortblock is finished. I am glad you posted pics FedX it got me thinking I might have screwed myself!! I welded my turbo's drain backs closer to the center of the pan above the sump cover plate on both sides. Now i need to go check to see if the starter is in the way!!! FEDX i also see you ran the same size hose I plan. On the stage 2 block are you feeding at the top of the block near the front? Also i love to see you run your car and it is not a trailer Queen!!!
THANKS AGAIN Guy's VERY VERY helpful !!!

This is a comment about an issue I had with my set up, and hope it is of some value here. :)

My ball bearing turbo self-destructed and a few balls made it to the pan. After a while one of them went into the oil pump and the car died in the middle of a run. :mad:

So I then installed an in-line filter in the pick hose from the pan. I already had a screen in the pan, but sh** happens! :eek:

Mine is like the one posted here.
In the bottom picture posted by fxdxlr8, the middle AN fitting that is not hooked up, Is that the feed for the remote filter?