dut neck and boost

buzzman

Guys, am thinking about adding a dut neck. What effect does it have on boost levels. I run a turbotweak street chip 94. Boost level peaks at 16. I get 0 kr on 94 pump gas. Just wondering how things are going to change witn the neck.

Assuming a good free flowing motor/intake/exhaust I would back the wastegate adjuster off 2 full turns and retest the boost level WOT when done. :cool:

thanks for responding, so you are saying boost will go up. at this time, I do not have an adjustable wastegate, so I will need one? Are you saying that I could make the same power levels with less boost?

that is my question, if boost goes up just by using the neck, would kr also become a problem requiring lowering via the wastegate? If so what have I accomplished? thanks bob

More boost equals more airflow

If you add the neck, and boost goes up, then you drop the boost back to your original 16 psi, you will still be moving more air. Pretty much all the wastegates I have seen can be made adjustable. :cool:

Make an Adjustable Wastegate with $2 worth of hardware and 1/4"-20 NC die. In conjunction with this upgrade, add stronger intercooler hoses. This prevents them from blowing off under increased boost levels. This way when you're running pump gas keep the boost down, add good gas turn it up.