Dusty Baker

1FASTV6

Project FUJR car
Where did he come up with Blacks and Latinos are more resistant to heat than whites?
Artie

Well, the darker you are, the less likely you are to burn in the sun. That's not a racist comment, but the truth.

Maybe they should start drafting Camels and scorpions to play they are pretty heat resistant also. If a white manager made that comment he would be looking for a new job. Dusty Baker is a jackass!

Originally posted by bwallace
Maybe they should start drafting Camels and scorpions to play they are pretty heat resistant also. If a white manager made that comment he would be looking for a new job. Dusty Baker is a jackass!

Yep you got that right.

Hey, any moron who leaves SF to coach the Cubs.....

Why, was SF too hot?

Come on - If Art Howe said that he'd get a lifetime ban. No doubt in my mind - they'd kick a white guy out.

reversed racism.....a white manager or player said that, he'd be looking for a new job!

One thing doesn't make sense to me. Dark colors attrack heat. I know when I get in my Buick if it has been in the sun for like 5 minutes I can't breath it is so hot. Wouldn't a white guy handle heat better cuz his skin isn't attracting the sun?

I would agree a black person in Africa could handle the sun better than most white people. Why, because that is the climate their body has adjusted to. But, you take a black person who has lived in New England all their life and put them in Africa and they won't handle it any better than a white person would. Your body adjusts to the climate you live in.

I use to live in the north , when I moved to Florida I could not take the heat , and I am latin.
Now after almost 12 years here I cant stand it when the weather drops below 50 degrees. I agree its the climate you live in.

Jesse :cool:

I agree with that too, yet you can't deny the fact that if you take a white car and a black car sitting in the sun for 30 minutes and put your hand on the hood of each, the black car will fry your hand off!

To me, it seems you would want white skin in the summer and black skin in the winter. At least in this Oklahoma climate, anyway!

Admit it Jesse, that woman has made you soft. I don't complain about heat because I know in 6 months I'll be walking on a sheet of ice here at work. Burn baby burn!

He didn't say sun resistant. Yes , the whiter the skin the easier it burns, but it does not mean whites cannot cope with heat as well as blacks. We all have the genetic makeup with the same amount of cooling pores. A white guy living in the Sahara desert all his life can handle heat as well as a black living in the same place, that is why the comment is 100% false. OBTW, a black can cope with the cold as well as a white.

That is exactly what I meant. I am from the north. A couple years ago me, my wife and another couple we are friends with drove to Disney around Christmas time. When we left MA it was below 0'. When we got to Disney it was in the 70's during the day and 50's at night. We were in shorts and t-shirts and people thought we were nuts cuz for residents down there that is cold. Coming from the weather we did it was like summer for us.

I do think it is unfair he will not be punished for his comments though. There are double standards when it comes to that stuff. Who is really a minority in this country anymore anyway. I know when I go to an ATM machine I get to chose if I want to make my transaction in English, Spanish, Japanese, Chinese, and about 8 other lanaguages. Sounds pretty equal to me. Sometimes I forget what country we are in?

Technically I know Dusty Baker is considered a minority cuz he is black. But they guy is making $5 million to manage a sporting team. The amount of money he makes to watch baseball games from the dugout makes him more of a minority than his skin color if you ask me. When i go to the Red Sox I pay thru the nose to watch, nobody is paying me to watch the game.

Originally posted by GNSCOTT
He didn't say sun resistant. Yes , the whiter the skin the easier it burns, but it does not mean whites cannot cope with heat as well as blacks. We all have the genetic makeup with the same amount of cooling pores. A white guy living in the Sahara desert all his life can handle heat as well as a black living in the same place, that is why the comment is 100% false. OBTW, a black can cope with the cold as well as a white.

I agree 100% that if a white said it he'd be fired. But I have known many blacks and whites in my life, and I can honestly say blacks for the most part love the hot weather and absolutely DESPISE the cold. Whites usually take the opposite view, but they are mixed on this. I can't stand the cold, and if it's under 85 degrees I get in a pissy mood, so go figure.

These comments illustrate again that stereotypes are frequently wrong.

I look forward to a day when we don't feel the need to mention Black, white, Latino, or any other color/race difference....My folks taught me to judge each individual by what they DO, not by their Race, Creed or Color. When that is the standard, you soon realize that there are some bad apples of all colors ;) Most are good people.

I totally agree that every race, religion, and color have their good and bad people. I don't judge people by that stuff. I judge people by their actions.

I saw/heard the interview and didn't think all that much of it, getting way more attention than it deserves. Reverse racism? Sure, he made a valid point when during the followup interview though... something to the effect of "I can say things to people of my race that you as a white guy can't say, and I have Italian friends that talk to their Italian buddies with things that I can't say to them". I think that's 100% true, but really...who cares, I dont think the guy meant any harm by what said, all these PC media types making a big stink over it...Blah, be like saying yea, so and so would make a good hockey player cause he is an Eskimo and they can deal w/the cold better...big deal LOL

Originally posted by Jesse
I use to live in the north , when I moved to Florida I could not take the heat , and I am latin.
Now after almost 12 years here I cant stand it when the weather drops below 50 degrees. I agree its the climate you live in.

Jesse :cool:

I dunno, ive been to florida in june and I dont think i could ever get used to it :D

Originally posted by jmidolo
I saw/heard the interview and didn't think all that much of it, getting way more attention than it deserves. Reverse racism? Sure, he made a valid point when during the followup interview though... something to the effect of "I can say things to people of my race that you as a white guy can't say, and I have Italian friends that talk to their Italian buddies with things that I can't say to them". I think that's 100% true, but really...who cares, I dont think the guy meant any harm by what said, all these PC media types making a big stink over it...Blah, be like saying yea, so and so would make a good hockey player cause he is an Eskimo and they can deal w/the cold better...big deal LOL

I agree with you. Even if he means it, who cares? So what if he is a racist, as long as he doesn't discriminate on the team (like benching players who are white), keep him in there. But I also agree that if he were white and said whits handle the cold better, he'd have been fired already.

Maybe Randall Simon can hit Dusty Baker over the head and everything will be forgotten.