Dusty and PTC post April Tornados

John Wilde

I'm getting too old for this $#!%
Staff member
Dear Members,

I just wanted to give you an update from Dusty Bradford.
He and his family are ok, which is the most important thing.
The power at his place and PTC are down.
It could take a week or two for power to be reconnected.
Cell and Land Line services are not doing very well either.
This will effect communications and production at this time.

If you need to talk to him you can send him a PM here.
However please note it could take a week or so to get back to you.
Please be patient there is a lot of devastation across the south and
specifically in Alabama.

God bless the lost and the survivors.

John Wilde

Dear Members,

I just wanted to give you an update from Dusty Bradford.
He and his family are ok, which is the most important thing.

God bless the lost and the survivors.

John Wilde

Good to know.

Godspeed.

Glad you and your family are ok Dusty. If you need anything don't hesitate to ask.

Thanks for the good news, John. I hope Dusty can still make it to NC week after next, I sure enjoyed getting to meet him and talk with him in person last year.

What a great bunch of humanitarians here.Thanks for the heads up,and glad all is ok :biggrin:These type of things really make the site:biggrin:

Kevin

Very good to hear!!
We had a very close call here with several tornadoes on the ground for quite some time on Good Friday. Lots of damage in several communities.

Bryan

Glad to hear things are OK.

will keep you and your family in our prayers!!!

JD

Thanks John.

We have power as of 9:30 am. We hope it stays on.

We are very fortunate. The 190mph wind F4 tornado that wiped out so many big and small towns passed about 3 miles to the west of me. From the looks of the trees it was skipping across the small mountains and touching back down in the open areas. Following a very similiar path of a 1974 tornado that was the 2nd largest outbreak until this one last week.

We were hit by two different tornados at work. One at 11am that caused a good bit of damage to some buildings and we took some minor wind damage from the F4 at 3:30pm, it was a good ways from us but on the ground....we could see the debris fly into the air everytime it hit a house....then a huge red flash when it took out the main transfer lines from the power plant. Debris fell out of the air for over an hr after it was gone. Some papers from as far away as Amory MS have been found here on the ground. Another passed over head and touched down just to the north of us. I have never seen anything like this. Just one tornado after another, so many the weather people could barely track all of them just in the northern part of the state. Usually we might have one in the entire state as a storm front passes. This time there were over 100.

The death toll will double. The news is not reporting everything. There will likely be 200 deaths in Phil Cambell and Hackleburg alone. These are very small towns, the tornado was basically as wide as the town so there is nothing left.

Somehow I have no wind damage, only a good bit of debris in the yard. Everything here at my place looks like normal today.

As I get caught up, I'll return PM's and phone calls as soon as possible.

Glad you made it through Dusty.

The News I saw today, 300 still missing in Al., can't remember which town.

Todd