Duramax Tire Help!!!

gn87turbo

Have a 05 Silverado CC with the stock 16" wheels and tires, wife got me a set of the 17" Dick Cepek wheels for xmas. What tire size would you recommend me using on these wheels? I was thinking about a 265/70. Thanks for your help.

how wide are the wheels? you aren't going to want to run an oem size tire on a 10" wide rim..
if they are the oem width, then i'd just use the stock size tires from the newer trucks that have 17" wheels.. i think my mom's boyfriend's '06 has 265/70/17 tires on it as the oem size, which are the same overall diameter as your stock 265/75/16 tires.

265 70s will fit and look good. In the summer I run 285 70s on H2 17s on my 06. To not rub I had to trim a little of the front air dam. Make sure the wheels have the correct offset or even 265s will rub.

285/70/17 , give the torsion keys a few turns . 2dmax.jpgI had them on mine , sold that truck and now have a Suburban 2500 and getting 285/65/18s on this one

Ok, went with 265/70-17 and now they are rubbing on turns. Does turning torsion keys help this or do I need a leveling kit?

Ok, went with 265/70-17 and now they are rubbing on turns. Does turning torsion keys help this or do I need a leveling kit?

where do they rub?
maybe the wheels have too much backspacing. that's the only reason a stock size tire would rub on the frame.. or too little backspacing if they stick out and rub on the mud flaps or something else on the outside.

Thats what I was going to say wrong offset, I could fit 35s (315/70/17) on H2 wheels with some Torsion bar crank

Update as of today no more rubbing. It was rubbing the plastic piece that hangs down from the bumper only on the drivers side. Used a dremel and shaved off some of the plastic and no more rubbing. I really like the look of the tires and wheels and am now glad I can keep them. I plan on putting a leveling kit on the truck soon, as of now the suspension is stock. Thanks for all the help and replies.