Duramax LML

bad V6

Anyone out there have the late model GM pickup with the LML Duramax? How do you like it? Had any issues or problems? I picked up a 2011 GMC Sierra w/ the Denali package last weekend. Thus far it's getting 21+ mpg on the highway/ 16.6 mpg around town. I plan to leave it stock, as it sits it's plenty of truck for me. I stepped up from a 2000 Ford F-250 7.3 supercab 4x4 to this, it's hard to believe the differences in the two vehicles (NIGHT & DAY). I'm looking forward to a road trip soon, and possibly dragging the GN around later in the year. My wife is crazy about the truck, I guess I need to hide the keys.

They are great trucks... the only downfall to them is the emission crap just like every other 08+ diesel.

We have an 11 that just went over 100,000 miles. Not one single issue with it. 99% of those miles are pulling a 24 open trailer. Sucks having to fill up with DEF, the filler is in a stupid place and fills so slow. That is the only complaint I have with the truck.

I have a 2011 and it has 67k miles not once had an issue either. Urea is in a bad spot like stated above.

Diesel trucks respond very very good with emission deletes and a good tune. I do them to all my trucks, family and friends. Warranty or not. It saves the truck and really wakes them up. Each truck varies but you'll gain 3-4 MPG and 100-200 RWHP (real world results). I own a diesel performance company so if you have any questions or need anything hit me up.

I have a 2011 with a full delete. Still the same fuel mileage but I was driving 5 miles at a time to work. Driving more now, but on winter fuel. Still 17ish city. My biggest problem was the regens. I worked 5 miles from home, so the truck would never complete a regen, I would have to go drive on the highway to finish. I did a full delete after the first regen. Only have 7200 miles on it now, but no problems.

Anyone out there have the late model GM pickup with the LML Duramax? How do you like it? Had any issues or problems? I picked up a 2011 GMC Sierra w/ the Denali package last weekend. Thus far it's getting 21+ mpg on the highway/ 16.6 mpg around town. I plan to leave it stock, as it sits it's plenty of truck for me. I stepped up from a 2000 Ford F-250 7.3 supercab 4x4 to this, it's hard to believe the differences in the two vehicles (NIGHT & DAY). I'm looking forward to a road trip soon, and possibly dragging the GN around later in the year. My wife is crazy about the truck, I guess I need to hide the keys.

Are you calculating the mileage yourself or basing this on the trucks information center?

Info center. Hopefully it's not much worse. However, it can't be as bad as the 2012 Silverado 2500 4x4 crew cab that I have for a company vehicle. It has the 6.0 engine and is getting 9.34 MPG.

Info center. Hopefully it's not much worse. However, it can't be as bad as the 2012 Silverado 2500 4x4 crew cab that I have for a company vehicle. It has the 6.0 engine and is getting 9.34 MPG.

The dpf (diesel particle filter) is whats eating the fuel on the newer diesel trucks. They send fuel into the exhaust to burn off the soot. They say less emissions but burning more fuel = bad for environment (period). It's a catch 22 but since it generates more money its OK. :D

The DPF gets burned off in regen mode, which burns more fuel. I have never heard of the DEF cleaning the DPF. My truck has neither.

They have a lot of issues with wiring harnesses but if alls good they are a great running engine.

I just installed a new GM harness in a 2011 last week- you could wiggle the wires at the tcm and unlock the doors!! Nightmare. Also ground issues with wiring on block. All kinds of tsb's on it.

Just did delete today on my 2011. Does not run the way I expected. Feels slower and less power. Stock exhaust went out at 81,000 miles ( a bunch of sensors they think. After $250 I pulled it from Gm cause they wanted more money to keep testing:mad: ) Did 4" exhaust, cold air and H&S tuner with unlock code and tune by some guy Kory? Truck has quite a bit of lag around 50-70mph and smokes at all speeds even if you give it barely any gas.