Dumb Power Plate Question:

O

ohiogn

Is it possible to install the plate wrong? I have never seen one in person and it was on my car when I got it. Previous owner states the car seemed to run alot worse after install of the PP. I would assume this is an install problem, but cant think of what might have gone wrong.

Thanks

The plate will only go on one way. I noticed in your sig that you have a Jackson plenum. I don't know if the power plate you have is compatable with that plenum. Might check with Jason.

Jay Jackson just ports the stock TB and plenum...Other than that, it shouldn't affect how the power plate installs as long as the plate is for the stock plenum...

Pull the plenum off and make sure that the previous owner cleaned all the old gasket material off before putting the new one on...There would be a massive vacuum leak there if any were left on...

Jace and I discussed it and the plate for stock plenums works fine with my mods. It is the shape of the back of the plenum that is where the differences in flow lie, and I don't modify them there.