duke's paint and body stole my money!

None of this sounds right.
A crime was committed.
There are laws.

Do all these cops, DA's and courts fall in the "they're all over paid and do nothing" category?

WTF

D

A crime was committed.
There are laws.

Do all these cops, DA's and courts fall in the "they're all over paid and do nothing" category?

WTF

D

Evil what state are you in? I'm sure it's different from state to state? But TX isn't going to do anything if they consider it minor. 2K or less is minor and my hit & run was minor but yeah still crimes. I guess they are over worked and under paid. Doesn't make it right but that is how it is.

I know what you mean. I tried cops,lawyers and court . They all said I'm wasting my time ....
that's where a good insurance company will pay off. They can go after the driver. Hit and runs are prosecuted in most states. Usually the ones who do it have warrants out for their arrest.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

that's where a good insurance company will pay off. They can go after the driver. Hit and runs are prosecuted in most states. Usually the ones who do it have warrants out for their arrest.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The Insurance company sent me a letter saying they would go after the guy but I don't have much confidence in it. If the guy didn't have insurance which he probably didn't they throw him in jail at best but that doesn't pay for the damages.

Every once in a while scum of this sort Fucks over the wrong person and then there is a real price to pay.

D

Every once in a while scum of this sort Fucks over the wrong person and then there is a real price to pay.

D

I'm with ya... what goes around comes around. And it's probably a good thing I wasn't armed that day!

If no one is hurt and it's deemed minor damage then it is not a high priority for Police. If they were ever to arrest him for something else then maybe they add that to the list of charges but I doubt it.
He is right. Same here,three years ago. Drunk driver hit me,2300 worth . They told me they didn't want to mess with it because it was minor. I was lucky I got her insurance
A crime was committed.
There are laws.

WTF

D
We are trying to tell you what we are going threw. But you are not listen. I just talked to a cop and he told me he just got screwed out of $5500. He a lawyer, $1500. Then the lawyer told him he should give up. Or it will cost more to fight it. That was a cop! Good luck everyone . If this happens to you.

It's not fair no doubt but what can you do about it. Not meaning to bum you out but let me tell you about one more. This happened several years ago.

I'm in business for myself I operate a car rental store but I don't own it still belongs to the corporate company kind of like a franchise, I am basically a contractor. Anyway I had a employee steal from me over a 18 month period he was a experienced employee and knew how to hide it from me plus I trusted him to run my store when I was not there. The company brought it to my attention and I started watching him when I caught him red handed and I fired him. The money total was about 32K this was from giving away free days, coupons, giving away luxury cars for compact car rates, setting up fake direct billing to Insurance companies etc. After he was fired the company totaled it up and took it out of my commission over the next 6 months until all paid back. He stole it but I was responsible for it. I spoke to a lawyer and it was going to cost me more money then I would probably ever get out of him. No charges were brought from the rental company because they got there money out of me.

There really something wrong with our legal system.