Dual feeding the direct clutches..

Since this has been brought back from the "dead" now might be a good time to ask. I have been toying with the idea of tearing into my perfectly fine functioning trans to do the dual feed modification. It has the CK forward drum, shift kit and servo. I figure this would give me an opportunity to see how things are holding up on the inside. Is it worth messing with on a low 13/high 12 sec car? Anything else I should address while I'm in there? The trans has been run for about 3 trouble free years. Opinions?

Curious,

Would dual feeding, and all mods associated with it (pluged bolt, missing ring/seal, open up 3rd acc hole in plate) cause any problems when using the TCI reverse full manual valve body

Thanks to anyone who might know

It could because the passages have been juggled.Would have to see the vbody and study it.

Since this has been brought back from the "dead" now might be a good time to ask. I have been toying with the idea of tearing into my perfectly fine functioning trans to do the dual feed modification. It has the CK forward drum, shift kit and servo. I figure this would give me an opportunity to see how things are holding up on the inside. Is it worth messing with on a low 13/high 12 sec car? Anything else I should address while I'm in there? The trans has been run for about 3 trouble free years. Opinions?

If you didn't build it how do you know it isn't already 'dual fed'?

My thoughts equate to mikestertwo, if it ain't broke, don't fix it.

If you didn't build it how do you know it isn't already 'dual fed'?

My thoughts equate to mikestertwo, if it ain't broke, don't fix it.

I built the trans several years ago, didnt know about dual feed direct clutches on a 2004r. I have always done it on the 400 ans 350 trans.

Well then, that answers that question:biggrin:.

I still wouldn't fix what isn't broke. I'd get the materials together to do it but taking apart things that work is against what my grandfather taught me.

you must open the third accumulator hole in the seperator plate to avoid a bind up on the 2/3 shift.this occurs if the direct clutch comes on before the band is knocked off.glad some have found this tech usefull.

How much should the feed hole be opened? I have one of your moded plates and it binds a bit at part/low throttle.