dual fans and racetronic wire kit need help

keith theriot

Turbocajun
i purchased the dual fan and wiring kit, but the wiring kit is for 86-87 not 85. I have 86-87 ecm. the wiring kit said plug and play but didnt come with any instruction. i am looking for a reliable way to hook up:confused:

All parts usually have a tag saying where to go. It's pretty basic with + and - then the fans with maybe an extra ground. I would have to look again to check mine. The relay just goes anywhere you like close to the alt area.

i purchased the dual fan and wiring kit, but the wiring kit is for 86-87 not 85. I have 86-87 ecm. the wiring kit said plug and play but didnt come with any instruction. i am looking for a reliable way to hook up:confused:

I did this but ended up doing it the hard way as always. I installed the Caspers 84/85 Fan Relay Kit 102066 which allows the hot air cars with the 86/87 ECM to go to an electric fan. This kit works very well but is designed for a single fan. I later upgraded from a single 87 fan to the dual fans and this resulted in the single relay burning out. I ended up adding the dual fan wiring harness with dual relays after the single fan conversion kit. The key here is to wire the ractronic kit to the ECM so that the chip controls the fans and utilize the relays. The Caspers installation instructions for the above referenced kit will tell you how to wire them to the ECM. The instructions are on their website. Or just buy the kit and be done with it like I did. Brad

thanks, i want to hook up to the ECM and not have to worry about flipping a switch. I just have to make sure that the TT chip is programed for it. thanks for the info . BTW what times are you running on your setup Brad?

hey brad maybe u can help me get this thing wired up i have the dual fan relay harness hooked up to the fans and not quite sure on how to connect harness 102066 ? i know one end of the harness 102066 hooks up to the dual fan relay harness 109069 but where do the other wires on the other end of 102066 go to ? does this harness hook up to the ecm?:confused:

O SO LO I have those instructions thy came with the kit itself thanx anyway what's got me confused is that brown plug that they illustrate I don't see it anywhere on my car? The end of harness 102066 has a relay with 4 wires going into it then there's also one pink wire by itself and one black wires by it self my question is on the black wire is this the black wire that goes directly into the ECM ? The black wire doesn't look long enough to even run through the firewall to the ECM

ok just went through the whole passenger side from the ecm through the firewall to where the fender relays r located i dont see that connector they mention in the instructions so can i just make that black wire from caspers harness that goes into the ecm longer and just make the connection that way?