Dual Fan Relays

we4Mateo

Double you eee what?
I'm having a problem with one of my relays that came with my GBP dual fan kit. I've checked gbody and caspers to no avail on just getting a couple new relays. Anyone know exactly what part # I need? I've been looking for the same footprint as John Spina had indicated but of course both sites don't have any shots of the pins. There are numerous replacement relays available and I can't figure out what I have relative to what I need.

TIA!

If someone doesn't pipe in tonight for you I'll check tomorrow and get the # you need.

I know nothing about relays. How do you tell what you have and what you are buying by looking at one? I've only been told to match up the footprint and there are no pics on the site. Sorry for the rookie questions.

I posted the link to the exact relay you are looking for.

I've looked at other sites and they have pics but not the matching part #.

If you want pics you will have to go through catalog pics, which isn't accurate either. You may see something that looks the same but has different amp ratings or same amp ratings but plugs in a little different that you may not pick up in the picture.

I guess if you really want to kill some time you could go down to advance or other local store and pick through their inventory if they would let you.

Look on the front face of the relay you have and it should have a pic of the switches inside stamped on it with numbers also if it's an OMRON relay like I think it is.

I went back to that link and if you click on the data sheet or catalog icon it will show the pics.

I'm sure if you call them they will get you the one you need.

Hope that helps. RZ.

Thanks for all the help @robzombie . I have identified a new problem. I switched the relays and all was good; until it got hot again. Then the same fan quit as before, so I think I have a bad fan. I've had this kit for just over a year and didn't run the car for over 4 months of the year. Where can I get a replacement fan @Bweavy ?

Thanks for all the help @robzombie . I have identified a new problem. I switched the relays and all was good; until it got hot again. Then the same fan quit as before, so I think I have a bad fan. I've had this kit for just over a year and didn't run the car for over 4 months of the year. Where can I get a replacement fan @Bweavy ?

4 months that sucks. Please post up about getting one fan. If you cannot let us know. I have the same setup as you.

I have the same fan setup and have switched to a SN95 setup and would be willing to sell you the whole unit.

I have the same fan setup and have switched to a SN95 setup and would be willing to sell you the whole unit.
The SN95 is a MONSTER!!! Mine came on Thursday. For the $$$...its incredible. I'll have all the items needed to make the wiring harness I want for it in a day or two...then I'm going to start an "Install Thread". I'm putting in a pretty detailed wiring system complete with Low / High / AC LED's to indicate what is happening.
Thanks to Zombie for turning me onto this fan. I'll prob have less then $225 in the whole deal.

The SN95 is a MONSTER!!! Mine came on Thursday. For the $$$...its incredible. I'll have all the items needed to make the wiring harness I want for it in a day or two...then I'm going to start an "Install Thread". I'm putting in a pretty detailed wiring system complete with Low / High / AC LED's to indicate what is happening.
Thanks to Zombie for turning me onto this fan. I'll prob have less then $225 in the whole deal.

I'm glad to help and will follow the install thread and hope it all works as well for you as it did for me.

Check the wiring harness before you give up on the fan. My fans quit and were on and off again. There was a bad splice in the dual relay harness. Dig into the harness and you will find it. I soldered mine up and it works fine now.

Check the wiring harness before you give up on the fan. My fans quit and were on and off again. There was a bad splice in the dual relay harness. Dig into the harness and you will find it. I soldered mine up and it works fine now.

I'll check it, but they both work fine when cool, and the same one but only one fails after sitting in a hot engine bay for a while. I'll def check the harness though. I can tell you that one fan doesn't do shit.

One fan equals 1,550 cfm so that will be an issue.

I hope you find the problem and get it squared a way. If it's the same fan giving you a problem every time check it for binding. The windings in that fan may also be shorting out when hot.

One fan equals 1,550 cfm so that will be an issue.

I hope you find the problem and get it squared a way. If it's the same fan giving you a problem every time check it for binding. The windings in that fan may also be shorting out when hot.

Agreed. I'm 99% sure it's the fan, but I'll check the harness and report back. I'm getting my fillers fitted this week, so I won't get to it until this weekend.

Are your fans the SPAL brand or some other? The SPAL fans are usually very good. Did you try hot wiring just that fan when it is hot to see if it is getting power?

Agreed. I'm 99% sure it's the fan, but I'll check the harness and report back. I'm getting my fillers fitted this week, so I won't get to it until this weekend.

X2. The caspers harness is a quality unit that hasn't given me any issues and I'm feeding more amps through it than the Gbody fan set up did with no problems.

Are your fans the SPAL brand or some other? The SPAL fans are usually very good. Did you try hot wiring just that fan when it is hot to see if it is getting power?

I did check that power is getting to them, just with a test light, but it's going through!