DSM goes down hard....

NJVetteGuy

I'd rather be racing...
I was hanging out with a few friends at our local spot, when a friend of one of the people that hangs there stops by in an older dsm. He said he had a couple mods, I could hear his BOV but he "doesn't pop hoods". I thought nothing of it, and basically just ignored it, until he said he "can beat the GN over there if it's stock". I was more than happy to open the hood on my T, to show it's pretty much stock, and then pointed out the fact that my car has chrome bumpers, regular bucket/console interior, etc. so it was not a GN but just a Turbo T. One of my friends gets involved, and basically set up a race. I didn't really care, win or lose, so we hit the highway to run 'em. I told him to go on the third honk, one of our blocker cars gave the signal. 3rd honk, off we go, instantly jumping him by 2 cars. By the time I hit 120 he was so far behind, like 10-12 cars, that we were hysterically laughing. I had a passenger and he was alone. I slow to about 40 so he can catch up, and asked if he missed a shift or something and wanted to try again. He said it was no missed shift but he'd go again, I told him to drop in and follow me, he turns off at the next exit and disappears. We got back to the spot and he didn't show up for the rest of the night:D This was my first kill since getting the car running right, and felt pretty good. I think the dsm guy was not as modded as he let on, and he got a lesson in what a 17 year old turbo 6 in a heavy car can do. I was just glad he wasn't as quick as he thought he was, there's a few 11 second dsms around here that would have handed me my a-s-s.

nice, next time he comes around tell him he should get a bigger "O-pipe"

Nice kill, my cousin has one totally built up running 9s. 30 psi and a 150 shot it is really pretty insane. I don't know how long its going to last but he has made enough money already to make the same motor if (actually when) necessary.

hey whats up vette guy.,the turbo t you have you got from a guy that posted he had to sell fast cause he was moving to nyc and couldn't take it with him. dark blue 3pillar pods blue int. how much u got it for , i was talking too this guy and really wanted it but some one else did, not mad at all good luck on it let me know how it is thanks.

i own both a t-type and a gsx this guy should have known he has no chance if he dosnt get the jump. my car has no top end or power just a good launch to make a good e.t

Originally posted by boostedgm
hey whats up vette guy.,the turbo t you have you got from a guy that posted he had to sell fast cause he was moving to nyc and couldn't take it with him. dark blue 3pillar pods blue int. how much u got it for , i was talking too this guy and really wanted it but some one else did, not mad at all good luck on it let me know how it is thanks.

I'm actually selling the car due to financial issues(not working right now). You should be thankful you didn't buy it, I fixed so much stuff on the car that was misrepresented. I even had to rebuild the supposedly rebuilt trans:mad: The car runs a lot better now, and I fixed a lot of leaks. The sad part is, I'm going to lose money selling it since I paid too much:( I am going to try to sell the car for $4200 and lose a lot, I paid even more than that for the car not counting the grand I put into it. My C5 is going too, should be gone this week. The only one I can hold on to right now is my '66 Buick. I am looking into putting a turbo on that now though, owning a turbo Buick is kind of addictive.....

sorry about the bum deal. I looked at a lot of gn and 2 t-type 1limited seriously, either i have high standards but i could smell **** from a mile away.2 gn i jewed down too prices i thought was fair because if i spend all i have on this car,i would have nada for repairs or something that pops up.anyway be good and keep youre head up man.

Nice kill, I am surprised that a DSM didnt wanna go from a dig. Unless he was FWD.

Nick

Originally posted by 85 TR
i own both a t-type and a gsx this guy should have known he has no chance if he dosnt get the jump. my car has no top end or power just a good launch to make a good e.t

:confused: No top end? My old car went over 120mph with a stock 1G longblock with 272/272 hks cams? My car from a roll was sick. Those car need a good driver. If you don't come out perfect with the car you better has a lot of turbo to win a race with a DSM.

Originally posted by Boost1
:confused: No top end? My old car went over 120mph with a stock 1G longblock with 272/272 hks cams? My car from a roll was sick. Those car need a good driver. If you don't come out perfect with the car you better has a lot of turbo to win a race with a DSM.

So you're saying that the driver is a huge part of a rolling race in a DSM? I guess it takes a lot of skill to decide whether to start in 3rd or 4th gear, downshift, and then push the gas pedal down :p

Originally posted by SyHopeful
So you're saying that the driver is a huge part of a rolling race in a DSM? I guess it takes a lot of skill to decide whether to start in 3rd or 4th gear, downshift, and then push the gas pedal down :p

No if you would have finish reading my statement you would understand. I was saying that is take a good driver to launch a AWD 5 speed car. That's all.

I understand that, because I used to own one and launching it is a lot trickier than most other vehicles. However, you go from saying how your car was awesome from a roll to saying that they need good drivers.

well considering my car is basically stock and i was running high 1.7 60 foots( with a old stock clutch) id say i was driving fine. if there is a better way to put the gas pedal to the floor that will get me the trap speed you had on a stock 4g63 you tell me please.

I know guys go low 12s with stock turbos but my car is almost totally stock i am only running 11 pounds of boost.

well considering my car is basically stock and i was running high 1.7 60 foots( with a old stock clutch) id say i was driving fine. if there is a better way to put the gas pedal to the floor that will get me the trap speed you had on a stock 4g63 you tell me please.

I know guys go low 12s with stock turbos but my car is almost totally stock i am only running 11 pounds of boost.

To go low 12's with a DSM your gonna need a whole lot more than a cat back.

Nick

yeah i know i meant that guys have pushed stock 14b turbos to low 12s but with a ton o mods i just didnt want it to sound like my stock turbo was the reason for no power up top anyone with a dsm knows these stock motors dont pull real hard past 6000 with stock cams and all like i have .

Originally posted by SyHopeful
I understand that, because I used to own one and launching it is a lot trickier than most other vehicles. However, you go from saying how your car was awesome from a roll to saying that they need good drivers.

Yeah so??? From a roll or launching the car. Those car need good driver. Try shifting a 5 speed turbo car from a roll ,and keeping the boost up high. How fast was your DSM?

Originally posted by 85 TR
yeah i know i meant that guys have pushed stock 14b turbos to low 12s but with a ton o mods i just didnt want it to sound like my stock turbo was the reason for no power up top anyone with a dsm knows these stock motors dont pull real hard past 6000 with stock cams and all like i have .

All the DSM's I heard of that went low 12's on a 14b were not stock turbos. These turbo were clipped and ported.

Originally posted by Boost1
Yeah so??? From a roll or launching the car. Those car need good driver. Try shifting a 5 speed turbo car from a roll ,and keeping the boost up high. How fast was your DSM?

The WRX is the same way. When launching you either
a. take off like a bat outta h3ll
b. bog real bad

Nick