DS header cracked, best replacement??

xXch0dyXx

I looked at the kirban one, and it looks like a nice piece, but for the price.... im not so sure.

Wasnt sure if i should break down and buy some TA headers or not, seeing as how im still lightly modded and dont want any added lag.

Heard postons, but havent found anything about spoolup, and havent found any links to where i can buy them.

Any experienced input will be appreciated, i just dont want to take it off and have it welded, for it to crack again:rolleyes:

i have a set of sandblasted, ported and welded (around tubes) stock headers if you need them.

find a good welder and have him make a bridge for you. I did that 2 years ago and it's holding up perfect! Nothing works like the stock headers on these cars!!

Just after the repair...

HeaderBefore3.jpg

And after some fancy ceramic coating :biggrin:

HeaderDone1.jpg

A good weld job will hold with no problems. The stories you hear about them cracking again are poor weld jobs.

find a good welder and have him make a bridge for you. I did that 2 years ago and it's holding up perfect! Nothing works like the stock headers on these cars!!

Just after the repair...

HeaderBefore3.jpg

And after some fancy ceramic coating :biggrin:

HeaderDone1.jpg

Those look great! In the off season I may ceramic coat mine.

You can buy replacement stock headers from Southeast Turbo. Then get them reinforced and coated however you want. They are cheaper than Postons- but you buy Postons direct from Poston, if you want them. They are not that hard to find...
Welcome to Poston Buick !

You can buy replacement stock headers from Southeast Turbo. Then get them reinforced and coated however you want. They are cheaper than Postons- but you buy Postons direct from Poston, if you want them. They are not that hard to find...
Welcome to Poston Buick !

Uhhhh.... I had no idea that someone was selling reconditioned ones! and for only 175$ for the pair! WTF! Lol if I had known this I would have replaced mine months ago...

The real issue with me is that I drive my car daily so I cant really have a whole lot of down time(since my motorcycle might not be around much longer)...

So are there any reinforcements that can be done to a passenger side header? I want to build a set of bullet proof stockers...

Also can you just buy the drivers side header from postons? It looks like a lot better design. Im thinking about getting a DR side headers from postons and a reconditioned stocker for the passenger side and possibly a crossover from postons as well to complement the better flowing Ds header.... I just dont want to kill my spoolup time by getting a whole set from postons.

Just be aware that with Postons headers you need to dremel out the weld slag or overweld in each tube to get back to the stock sized port openings.

They will not hurt your spoolup, assuming it was okay to begin with.

While you can install them on the car right out of the box the ports will most likely be smaller openings than the stockers, from all the talk and pictures I have seen including the set I bought years ago.

Dremel tool and 2 hours of fun work should get them as good as a stock header.

Passenger side header add an hour or two to port out the tube that feeds the turbo properly.

I've been daily driving mine for about 7 years now.

Had to be welded up from cracking just like the stockers after 5 years of use.

But I did have a drivers side motor mount go bad in that time period that didn't help them any.

Just my .02.