Dropping oil pan

Nope, you must remove the crossover pipe and at least one motor mount so you can jack up the engine.

All I remove is the crossover pipe. I've never touched the motor mounts or raised the engine. This is on 5 or 6 different motors.

Yeah just the crossover here as well.

Now if the oil pan hits the crank just bar the engine over a lil to clear the throws on teh crank and it will come out.

Oh come on guys........You forgot to mention the torque conveter shield, too. The forward lip of the converter cover hooks over the oil pan, so, it too, must come off. I never have to remove a motor mount, either. I do have to rotate the crank sometimes to get a counter-weight outta the way.

THANKS - I'll get a man right on it....

Okay guys, thanks for the help. I guess I'll opt for not undoing the motor mount. Don't want to make this any harder than it has to be... :D

If you have main studs or a girdle it can be lots of fun even with both mounts disconnected and engine raised...

If you have trouble sliding the pan out because of crossmember interference, jack up the transmission for more clearance. :)

not sure why the big deal.

I always disconnect the motor mouns and cross over then jack up at the tranny. then plenty of room. for the 10 minutes it takes o pull the fram to motor mount bolts it is worth it.

not sure why the big deal.

I always disconnect the motor mouns and cross over then jack up at the tranny. then plenty of room. for the 10 minutes it takes o pull the fram to motor mount bolts it is worth it.

There's not big deal. I never needed to disconnect the motor mounts or jack up the trans. Just pull the crossover and inspection cover. Seems a lot easier than your way.

As stated, crossover and inspection shield, that should be it. Suppose if you have a block girdle/studs, etc there may be some instance where you might have to disconnect the motor mounts.

Have only done it twice within one day when I realized I torqued the rear main bolts to the wrong specs when changing the rear main seal. :) All stock on my GN.

oil pan

Just remove the xross over pipe and jack up the trans abit to clear the flywheel just did mine no prob

Pan Has Been Dropped

Just remove the xross over pipe and jack up the trans abit to clear the flywheel just did mine no prob

Got the crossover pipe out of the way. Oil pan wouldn't clear flywheel by about a half inch. Tried and tried but no luck. :mad: Sure didn't want to undo the motor mounts so finally thought I'd try the jack under the transmission. Worked like a champ. :D Got the pan off with no problem. Thanks for everyone's help. Now to find a place to get rid of my metallic oil!! :eek: