Driveshaft loop mount location

Texas gn

Where is the best place to install the loop at? tranny side? middle? Diff end? Only have one loop but i can get another if it is required.

has to be within 6" of end of trans per nhra
the regal has a floor brace , remove the driveshaft remove the brace install the loop where the brace was and reinstall the driveshaft

You only need the one behind the trans. With out, it if the drive shaft where to break there it would hit the ground and could come through the floor. If the shaft breaks at the back by the diff it's only going to drag on the floor.

has to be within 6" of end of trans per nhra
the regal has a floor brace , remove the driveshaft remove the brace install the loop where the brace was and reinstall the driveshaft
Thanks...now i know what I am doing tonight!

Look behind the trans crossmember and to the right of where the exhaust collector splits.

image004.jpg

Dayum Broham, do you wax under there? Thats one clean upskirt shot. :)

Well, it is a widely accepted fact that shaving is for p ussy's.......unless it's waxed..... ;)

For being a 77k car, she is pretty clean, ain't she?:biggrin:

mine was really clean before... i f'd the undercarriage made it look like crap because i undercoated it so it looks blackish brownish.. i should've gone another route to protect the undercarriage..i hate the way undercoating looks i even did my inner fenders to protect agains rust and corrosion

Loop

You only need the one behind the trans. With out, it if the drive shaft where to break there it would hit the ground and could come through the floor. If the shaft breaks at the back by the diff it's only going to drag on the floor.

I wish !!!

Attachments

• IMG_4133.JPG
    IMG_4133.JPG
    60.7 KB · Views: 212
WOW my 36,000 Mile T is not that clean! NICE! Who's Loop are you using?

Thanks for the compliment!

It's an RJC Racing Loop, but that billet looking one on Lilbowtie's car is REALY nice but doesn't (didn't) help much. I'm thinking because of it's round shape.

Your welcome ;)
I like that better than the goofy one thats on my car now its kinda lop sided or some thing :confused: and its not round its oval. Your welcome again

Your welcome ;)
I like that better than the goofy one thats on my car now its kinda lop sided or some thing :confused: and its not round its oval. Your welcome again

Mine's oval too, that keeps the driveline from bouncing all around if it breaks.

Thanks for the compliment!

It's an RJC Racing Loop, but that billet looking one on Lilbowtie's car is REALY nice but doesn't (didn't) help much. I'm thinking because of it's round shape.

My loop did a fantastic job protecting my butt. The drive shaft exploded in the burn-out box and it was so violent it broke the complete bell housing and the only thing holding the trans in was the torque converter. The loop is pretty bent up, the mounting pieces use to be parallel. I had an x pipe that ran under the shaft that was destroyed, my headers were bent down, did quite the job on the floor boards, and to add insult broke my weather station sitting on the floor. It took some investigating to find out it was the shaft - if you don't know about Drive Shaft Critical Rpm please look into it - I know now.

My loop did a fantastic job protecting my butt. The drive shaft exploded in the burn-out box and it was so violent it broke the complete bell housing and the only thing holding the trans in was the torque converter. The loop is pretty bent up, the mounting pieces use to be parallel. I had an x pipe that ran under the shaft that was destroyed, my headers were bent down, did quite the job on the floor boards, and to add insult broke my weather station sitting on the floor. It took some investigating to find out it was the shaft - if you don't know about Drive Shaft Critical Rpm please look into it - I know now.

WOW! Glad you are alright!

I thought that loop looked a little "customized"..........