Driver window

Joseph Cecilio

So I took the GN to today for a nice cruise with the girlfriend, go to put the window down and boom the window falls right down into the door. Lucky it didn't break but hen I went to put it back up it stuttered all the way up. Any ideas before I go and take the door panel off, on what part I might need to order ??

I would say it sounds like a window regulator failure, but you'll have to remove the door panel to see. I'm not positive on the attachment of the glass to the regulator so it may just be some sort of clip as well. At least it was able to come back up.

Never heard of that on a car that doesn't use a wire to hold the window up. And I've NEVER heard of one of those being able to roll the window back up.

Sounds like your regulator no longer makes good contact between the gears. The only way to know is to take the door apart. You might get lucky and be able to fix it with a hammer. (then start the 'adjust the window' dance).

Do this:

DSC_0265.JPG

Bruce '87 Grand National

If that doesn't work, as if your window is bullet proof, use this:

DSC_0273.JPG

Bruce '87 Grand National

Attachments

• DSC_0273.JPG
    DSC_0273.JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 42
Thanks! It also makes an amazing alarm clock! :whistle: Just tell the trigger man when you want to get up in the morning.

Bruce '87 Grand National