Drive shaft length

GN HEAD

It's All About DA BOOST
I was wondering how easy most drive shafts are to get out. I've had mine out a few times and it is very tight.....with the car on 4 jack stands, I have to jack up the rear end, and it barely comes out, I still have to turn the shaft to completely disengage the u-joint. The reason I was asking is that my car suffers from wheel spin knock......at the track, with slicks and traction, it will make a clean run. On the street with street sticky tires and a little traction loss, it will pick up knock. Wondering if it was transmitting wheel hop through the drive shaft, and if shortening the drive shaft would fix the problem. The drive line is stock, with the exception of boxed and bushed rear control arms. Do most drive shafts come out easliy, by sliding them foreward into the tranny, like I'm used to seeing?:rolleyes:

So, I take it that you have experienced them being tight also........I'm not the only one.....anyone else?? Could this be a factor in the "Wheel Spin Knock"?? The tight clearance on the tranny side could easily slap together and apart and together again with wheel hop.....thus creating a "knock" that the engine could easily pickup as false knock.....whaddaya think?

I was wondering how easy most drive shafts are to get out. I've had mine out a few times and it is very tight.....with the car on 4 jack stands, I have to jack up the rear end, and it barely comes out, I still have to turn the shaft to completely disengage the u-joint. ..............:rolleyes:

This is normal for a GN. If you have traction problems, look elsewhere.

No, no.........I am trying to track down the cause of my KNOCK when I have a loss of traction.......