Drive-in cruise nights

VaderGN

I remember someone telling me there used to be Drive-in Cruise Nights held in St Charles Illinois, I believe it was.

Do they still do them?

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

Yep. Tuesdays downtown St. Charles. Mondays at Rookies Sports Bar west of downtown St. Charles.

I google "drive-in theaters" in St . Charles Illinois and the appears to only just be one, so I think there is a small misunderstanding to my question.

What I meant by Drive-in Cruise Nights, was by what they told me was a drive in theater where you drive and watch a movie on a outdoor movie screen from your car. And the buick people had the first few parking rows reserved for them.

Sorry for any confusion.

Got it.
Two part answer: Yes Cascade Drive-in Theatre is still there and open. I have no idea about the Buick people going there, sorry.

I know that Chicago Buick chapter did this for the past several years at Cascade Drive- in located in West Chicago. I want to say it was in September or October. I will check the Website and let you know.
I miss Shari ( RIP) She would have seen this post and answered it for you already!:(

Prasad

Its on Aug 10th.
I recently joined the Chicago GSCA. Its only $20 for the year.

Prasad,
You do any cruise nights or anything? I'd like to meet up with some other local guys. Your practically down the street from me.

Its on Aug 10th.
I recently joined the Chicago GSCA. Its only $20 for the year.

Prasad,
You do any cruise nights or anything? I'd like to meet up with some other local guys. Your practically down the street from me.

We had a get together on June 14th at Busse woods, even though it was a crappy rainy day, we had 42 Turbo Buicks show up. We are planning on another one on the 2nd week of September. I hope the weather will be much better this time out and have much greater turn out. We are still working on a location that can accommodate about 70-80 cars. We will keep everyone posted here as well as facebook!
I did the St. Charles cruise few times last year. My GN is going through a frame off right now so it's all a part. I do have another GN that is knock off of my GN to drive to cruises and shows but it's not the same feeling. If you're not doing anything tomorrow we will be working on few GNs over at the Farm, you are more than welcome to stop by and hang out!

Give me call anytime!
Prasad 630-965-1987

Yeah, I missed the Busse Woods get together. I was on Vacation.
My kid is in a Hockey Tournament tomorrow so I wont be able to meet up with you but I would be up for it on another day. Thanks for the invite.
I could use some help on my car too. I think I might have a bad LS2 coil, you know how to test those things??

Sorry negative on the LS1 coils, I think Steve Pitts ( xxQuicksixxx) here on the board might. I going with LS1 coils but it will be controlled by Pro efi. I do have used Ls1 coils if you want to swap them out and see.

Prasad

You're right! Steve did tell me he has a coil tester, I forgot about that. I'll shoot him a text. Thanks for the offer on trying yours, I might take you up on that.
Sorry to hijack the thread VaderGN

Lol don't worry about it, no big thing.

Do you have to be a member of the Chicago GSCA to join the theater cruise?

No not really, you can go as guest but if you have a Turbo Buick I strongly urge anyone to join. Lloyd and the gang are good people. They are very helpful. You will have the opportunity to meet most of the local guys and for the most part most of the guys are pretty cool. You will be informed about most of the show that Buicks are involved as well. Also if you are a member of the club/chapter and your car is insured through a collector car insurance you will get a 10% discount. So the twenty dollars you spend yearly will be money well worth spent!

Prasad

Is Lloyd the contact person? Is he on this board too or how would I contact him?

Thanks for your help.

Who is going to be there for the "Cascade Drive-in Theater" in St.Charles Illinois this Saturday the 10th?

Man, I didn't realize that it's this Saturday. I am out, I have to finish up few GNs. It's in West Chicago....not too far from St. Charles . It about 5 miles east of St. Charles on RT 64 or North ave. Maybe few of the other boys may show up!
Prasad

Oh ok it's in West Chicago not St. Charles.

Honestly I've never gone to one with the club, you can ask them on the GSCA website! I am sure it's a good turn out!

Prasad