Drew-Jay anybody..help me with this V1

Twins

Wanna Trade Eyeglasses ?
I'm about to give up on this car.

This spring it went the time in the sig. Over and over and over.

Now it goes 13.9 -14.0 over and over.

It will not build any boost at the line. 3-4 pds. if I sit long enough and it comes up real lazy when going down the road.

22 pds. on 100 ll with no knock (once in a while going into OD after lots of beating).

The only changes this summer was the V1, an ATR downpipe, and PTE rebuild my 33. (That only had 10k on it.)

Sun when Nocooler and I got it running it would blow the DR's off all thru 1st then last night it felt slower, tonight proved it. Something is going bad in 48 hours that keeps this car from building and boost down low.

Did the V1 raise the peak power to a higher rpm so the 2800 isn't enough, or did PTE stick it to me again.

In May I had a car that was a paperclip away from a 12.8 (locking up the converter) and was running 8.80 O2's so not to bad with some bolt on's. Leaning it out a little probably would have got me more than that.

Now I have a 14 sec slug that is no fun to drive and I spent 975.00 to slow down a sec.

I WANT TO MAKE SURE TO LET EVERYONE KNOW I DON'T BLAME THE V1 OR JAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm just lost as what to do.

Looking for help.

Thanks Christian.

P.S. Turbo6x2 had a good night with there 85 for the first night at the track. Another V1 hot-air.

Lagging?

Get yourself a piece of rubber fuel line about 4" in length...

Start the car.

Open hood.

Stick one piece of the tubing in your ear... chose one of the two you have :)

Stick the other end near the outlet of the turbo... the adapter area between the turbo and the intake.

Hear something? Should sound like a suction sound. That is a leak... and it is vacuum related. That leak will hurt your boost build up.

Let me know if I guessed the dreaded "O-ring blew out syndrome." I'm getting good at it. :) By the way... don't automatically assume that isn't the problem till you actually go grab that piece of fuel line and confirm otherwise.

Thanks Louie but I went down that road Sun w/Nocooler while we were trying to sort out the start stall (Bad ECM).

We even tried spraying starting fluid around the O-ring looking for leaks we couldn't hear.

After cooling off and a phone call by Nocooler we are starting to think that the wastegate is not closing fully. PTE WILL be getting a phone call very shortly.

I'm not to happy with a certain vendor right now.

Not really sure it was all the great for the first time at the track with the dreaded hot air. the best slip was a 13.20 at 97 mph with only 17 #'s of boost and the 100 octane chip. We need more octane and more boost but wanted to break in slowly (okay he wanted to I kept saying more boost) o2s were about .842 all night kept trying to lean it out. Fastest mph pass was 103 at end but major slippage at the line, track had went away. Only going through the traps at 4900 rpm tranny still isn't 100% and the stall is too low. Only ran the 2800 going to the 3500 yanks for Saturday and see what that does. Really wanted a few 12 second (low 12's mind you) slips and still think there is plenty of room to get there. We have the set up, just need more tuning, more ocatane, more boost, better tranny set up and a larger stall for the converter. Then we'll see. Just nice to have finally made it to the track at least I got a whole second improvement, more to come I hope.

Give me a call in the shop. Im usually there 7 days a week. Im sorry you r having problems and I wish we could have talked before you got frustrated with it. I know to well what that feels like.
jay

Mine was slow to build boost and the higher into the rpm's I got the more the boost would drop off. I could not figure what it was till last tuesday I pulled my turbo off to find that the o ring came right out of the adaptor. I am going to the V2 setup so I won't need that anymore.

That's why I went with the V2 purchase...

No more O-rings!

Call me....

Christian,

gimme a call and I can see what I can do to help you figure this thing out. 979-777-3989.

Drew H. Carlton
'85 GN, 11.918 @ 111.6, NO IC, NO SPRAY, DAILY DRIVER

We should be at the track trying to test and tune some more on both the 14th and 21st let us know if you can make it. We are trying to get a good tranny set up in there so I can actually build some boost and get it down the track.

Re: Lagging?

Originally posted by IRaceAV6
Get yourself a piece of rubber fuel line about 4" in length...

Start the car.

Open hood.

Stick one piece of the tubing in your ear... chose one of the two you have :)

Stick the other end near the outlet of the turbo... the adapter area between the turbo and the intake.

Hear something? Should sound like a suction sound. That is a leak... and it is vacuum related. That leak will hurt your boost build up.

Let me know if I guessed the dreaded "O-ring blew out syndrome." I'm getting good at it. :) By the way... don't automatically assume that isn't the problem till you actually go grab that piece of fuel line and confirm otherwise.
Does anyone sale these o rings or is there a way around this, it seems I have developed this dreaded issue (lots of sucking noise) Any way to get this replaced without the v-2??? Don't want to go intercooled, Jay any ideas or something you can recommend? Any help would be appreciated...... Thanks!

Fel Pro sells the replacement o-rings in a turbo mounting kit.