Dreaded BRAKE LIGHT

87T

I am now getting a break light from time to time,,,comes on then goes off in a few moments, brakes are working, what do I look for besides new unit:)

That usually indicates that the Powermaster's accumulator ball may be going. However, if the pedal feels good, and your machine stops properly, you're probably OK for a while...but I'd start looking for a deal now on a new one. ;)

Do you have a line lock ???
I have one and the break light has been coming on / off ever since. Many attempts to solve this have prooved futile. I have a new power master and believe I am getting a false positive that sends the light off.

no line lock or any other work ever done to the brakes,,,could the light be coming on because I need new brake shoes,,,,guess I'd better check them this weekend:eek: thank:)

More than likely Quickwrench got it right, as my Brake light problems sound just like yours. Brake light came on/went off for around 2 years before it went completely bad, since installing the accumulator ball, all the problems have gone away!

park it buddy!

Hi

Isn't/Dosen't the parking brake light tie into the idiot light?

The reason I ask is because I had to use my parking brake to hold the car (only brakes I have right now) and now the parking brake flickers abit.

Just a thought..

Bill

Yes, the parking brake and brake system share the same warning light.

I've had good luck with my A-1 Cardone reman PM. Lifetime replacement warranty. I was able to keep the pressure switch and accumulator for spares when I turned in the core.

HTH - Jimmy

Check the accumulator, if you have the the stock one. I woud definately day it is the problem. Last summer, I had the same problem. Replace the acc. and no problems since. $140 or so for the part.